thirty eight

"Where is he?" Seokjin asks, hoping deep down that Hoseok actually doesn't have a clue and Taehyung's left the property with you for the time being. Unfortunately, none of those are the case. You and Taehyung have no idea there's a storm coming, let alone something like this. It just makes things that much worse.

There must be a good reason why you did it..
There must be.

"He's in the kitchen." Hoseok answers, almost apologetically. They both know what they're doing must be done, but that doesn't change the fact that it still feels awful and wrong. "Y/N's in the Quarter by herself. Jimin's on standby, just like everybody else."

The energy around the house since everybody was informed about this situation has been weird. The only person who wasn't told anything is Jungkook, the reason being that he might tell you and Taehyung something and even help you leave. No one wants to believe it, but Namjoon does, so it doesn't matter. They all know what they must do.

"Okay, then." Jin exhales, closing his eyes and clenching his jaw. Just thinking about all of this makes him want to wake up, hoping this isn't really happening. How could Taehyung do this? He's loyal to the team, to his father who held his place before him, to the cause. Why would he help you betray the very unit he's so proud of being in?

"Hyung," Hoseok looks up at Jin as he begins heading towards the hallway. He knows he's supposed to stay quiet, keep things running smoothly with no trouble, but he can't let him walk away just yet. Not yet. Not until it makes sense. "Why did he do it..?"

Jin stops just before stepping out the doorway, looking down and letting out a heavy sigh. "I don't know." He shakes his head, clenching his jaw for that very reason. "I really wish I knew." He looks back, "But then again, what difference would it make? He still did it."

"Right." Hoseok replies quietly, looking down in what seems like sad defeat. There's still a couple of questions present in his cloudy mind, "What about Jungkook? What happens to him?"

"Well, that depends." Jin answers, remembering what Namjoon told him before instructing him to do what he's about to do and hoping it didn't have to come to that for his youngest friend. "What happens to him depends entirely on how he acts."

"So, he's gonna end up just like them." Hoseok mutters, closing his eyes and letting out another small, frustrated sigh. Even if he wants to, there's nothing he can do for the three of you. All he can do is convince himself you all deserve this. That way, it won't be as difficult.

"It's time." Namjoon says as he walks by Jimin, who's standing outside the closed Training Quarter lost in his jumbled thoughts. Without even actually looking at Jimin, Namjoon continues his way down the hall to be on standby, watching Jungkook covertly. He wants no flaws in this. You and Taehyung will learn your lesson. Even if it means Jungkook has to learn one too.

Jimin looks down and pushes himself off of the wall, hoping he's detached himself enough to go through with this smoothly. Only time will tell at this point if he actually did. With a small nod, more to himself than to RM, he walks the four steps towards the Quarter door and twists the doorknob.

"Jungkook, I already told you to stop messing with my flowe—" you turn around, surprised, "oh! Jimin." You slightly widen your eyes, seeing the face of someone who didn't match your words. You become a little embarrassed for opening your mouth so confidently. "Sorry, I—I thought you were Jungkook. He said he was going to the Garden and told me he'd be back, but—"

"Taehyung's in the kitchen." Jimin interrupts, almost completely emotionlessly. There's a coldness in his tone that wipes any trace of a smile off your face. He looks so detached, so different. Before you can even ask him anything, he opens his mouth to speak again. "Namjoon knows. Get there quickly."