twenty five

"She just kept blabbing on about some guy named Sodun or some shit like that." Jimin says, looking over at your closed bedroom door and leaning on the hallway wall opposite of it. Jungkook stands next to him, the fact that he only woke up a few minutes ago not being able to be more obvious. His oversized, baggy, white, slightly worn T-shirt, puffy eyes, and baggy jogger pants give that away instantaneously. "She kept saying she 'killed him', that she's a 'murderer' and what not."

"She said that?" Jungkook furrows his brows, "What the fuck..?" His voice trails off, as well as his thoughts and his focus. "Sodun.." he mumbles to himself, going through every corner of his mind trying to see if he recognized such name. No luck. "Did she happen to mention a surname or..?"

"Nope." Jimin answers, his voice filled with more air than actual sound, an exhale summing up exactly how tired he—as well as everyone else—is of being on edge twenty-four/seven wondering if you'll wake up fine or if they'll have to burry you. "No surname. Just Sodun."

"Well, I can't think of a Sodun. That name surprisingly doesn't ring a bell. Not at the bank, not here, not even any EXO associates—from the ones that I can remember at least." Jungkook shrugs, leaning against the wall as well now, listening to Yoongi's, Jin's, and Namjoon's muffled voices coming from inside your closed bedroom door. "Why didn't they let you in there?"

"The same reason they didn't let Tae." Jimin looks over at Jungkook, his expression bland, almost emotionless. "Every time we're around, for some reason, she starts screaming about Sodun again and gets all unstable. She's only calm around Jin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung." Jimin explains. "She hasn't really seen Joon-hyung at all since she was taken, so she's indifferent to him. I don't know why she can't even see Taehyung and I without starting to panic.. The fuck did we do?"

"Hyung, who knows what they did to her while she was at EXO's HQ." Jungkook tries to share some of his own reasoning. "Who knows what they injected her with or what they made her eat or even what pills they made her swallow. However it is that they got what they got into her system, they did it—and as long as we don't know what it is, we can't really help her. Much less understand her."

"You're right." Jimin nods, a little on the weak side. "I hope Jin-hyung can figure it out." He pauses for a little, letting silence fill the hallway while him and Jungkook just stand there and contemplate many things. "Do you think she's suffering..?" Jimin's soft voice breaks the calm stillness, almost sounding as if the question itself didn't even believe it just made its way out of his mouth. "Like, do you think she's in pain..?"

"Pain?" Jungkook repeats, feeling a foreign feeling he doesn't want to get used to begin tugging at him, weighing down on his chest slightly. "I—I don't know.." he trails off again, only briefly this time, "I wouldn't know."

I hope not.

"We'll just have to ask her when the stuff wears off." Jimin shrugs, trying to rid the ambiance of those dumb, sappy feelings. No one in this house has time for those, much less any patience or character for them. Everyone was heavily trained to keep them completely out of their minds. "And if it doesn't, well.. let's see how Capo reacts to a body."

"Have J and Taehyung found any connections?" Jungkook asks, hearing your voice grow louder and a little more panic-filled from inside your closed bedroom. "Anything at all?"

"Doubt it."

"You!" You stand up off the edge of your bed, immediately held back by Yoongi and Jin as you point over at Namjoon with upset intent intensely present in your eyes. "YOU—!"