forty six

"Yuri," Namjoon stands up out of his chair as soon as you open his door and rush into his office, almost slamming it behind you, "they let you go."

"Oh, please. Put that fucking name away." You scoff, "I'm not Yuri and you know damn well that I'm not." You cut straight to the point, keeping your eyes assertively in line with his and walking right up to his desk. "What? Was I supposed to stay brainwashed forever?" You ask sarcastically. His expression fills with surprise. Not the good kind, obviously.

"Who do you think you're t—?!"

"No. Shut up. Who said I was done talking?" You cut him off. "I'm gonna keep it real simple for you, BoSs." You clench your jaw, watching his expression shift significantly, "If I were you, I'd listen close. I'm no longer a damn Bangtan member. In fourteen days, I'm getting the hell out of here and you're not gonna tell anyone why. You're not gonna tell them I'm not Yuri anymore. To them, I'm still gone. After I leave, you'll treat the situation as if I never wore this stupid bangle and you'll leave me alone for good."

She can't be fucking serious.
This stupid girl..

"Hmph." Namjoon lets out an airy chuckle, trying really hard to hold himself back from something he'd have a hard time explaining to the rest of them. "Now why the hell would I do that, Y/N?" He tilts his head, challenging your confidence as his stare intensifies. You both go tense, neither willing to break eye contact first. He doesn't seem to show much care towards your complete return. "Hm?"

"Because you won't like what happens if you don't."

"Oh, really?"

"Really." You nod, not letting your demeanor shift in the slightest bit even as he clearly shows how much he's not taking you seriously. He chuckles and shakes his head, looking down at his desk while he laughs. You keep a straight face, not finding anything amusing whatsoever and waiting for him to look up at you again.

"That's funny." He meets your eyes. Once his attention is back on you, you lift up your wrist and twist your bangle to call attention to it. With a quick, swift pull on the metal, it comes clean off your wrist, coming off as easily as if it were a glow-stick bracelet that you're bored of wearing. Instantly, RM's amused expression fades and upset confusion completely takes over.

"It really isn't that funny." You reply, keeping your expression the same. The device doesn't begin beeping like crazy, flashing abnormally, or sending any alarms. You casually toss it on Namjoon's desk and try meeting his eyes once again, but right now he's too focused on the extremely vexing failure of his best technology. "Like I said," you break the brief, dangerous silence, "I am no longer a part of your mess."

"Yuri's on the property??" Taehyung runs into the first living room, where Jungkook and Jimin sit again, sort-of uneasily watching a movie. Jimin stops rubbing his bright-red hand and turns towards the voice of his friend, as does Jungkook.

"Trust me, you don't want to bother her right now." Jimin answers first, his words sounding pretty bitter, as if they were a serious warning. "She's with RM."

"But is she okay?" Taehyung furrows his brows, finding everyone's casual reaction to your mysterious return super unusual. It makes absolutely no sense for you to be back, especially just like that. Rivals never let captured members go without a fight. It just doesn't happen. Why isn't anyone else in this damn house making a bigger deal about it?

"She's fine, V." Jungkook answers, sensing Taehyung's understandable, yet unnecessary puzzlement. Both him and Jimin know if their questions weren't answered the first time, there's no use in continuing to try and get them answered at all. That's how things work in this house. You're either supposed to know something or you're not.