9. An old enemy

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
__________________________

With scared, wide teary eyes, she looked at Shivaay who was angry and staring at her as if she was his prey. She opened her mouth to speak but she had forgotten that it was forbidden for her to speak, if she was being taunted, she was to listen, if she was being slapped, she was to suppress her sobs and if she was being asked something, she was to answer truthfully, but her truth was not truth for him but a made up a lie that forced him to break the landline phone into pieces.

"What were you doing, when I clearly told you not to try to oppose me ? Didn't I tell you to not to touch the phone and call anyone ?"-he hissed and his nose flared in anger - "Who were you calling ?" Asked an angry Shivaay, making her shudder in fear and shed tears uncontrollably.

"I.. was calling my Chacha ji, to know about my grandmother's health." she stammered but answered nonetheless, "Please, just one phone call." She pleaded with her hands joined infront of him. Deep down her heart she knew he won't let her do it but she tried, only to be pushed away by him harshly, making her head bleed slightly.

"I'm warning you for the last time, if next time I saw you doing any such thing, I'll kill you with my bare hands." Shivaay warned her, that wasn't new to her but she new it was true. Everytime she would try to speak to him or try to contact her family, he would come up with a new, more cruel way to punish her.

"Rohit !" called Shivaay, and Rohit came in, only to see a crying Anika who was shocked as well as confused to see him there. "I want the details of the last call made from our landline." Shivaay ordered him and dragged Anika towards his room whereas Anika's gaze was fixed on Rohit's face.

Anika knew he wouldn't believe her but she couldn't stop herself from speaking, "I'm not the one you think, I know you don't belive me. But you trust Rohit, right ? Please ask him, he does know me. Please, for once talk to him.." her voice was interrupted by Rohit who knocked the door and then entered.

"Yes. I know you very well, that's why you're here, paying rightly for your sins." Rohit spoke as if he knew everything about Anika, who was now looking at him with wide teary eyes and nodding her head hard. She felt like pulling her hair out when noone was ready to believe her. Shivaay slapped her once more and locked her in the room and then left with Rohit to talk.

"She was calling Svetlana, one of Mr. Oberoi's mistresses and the last call was made to Mr. Oberoi himself but they couldn't talk as you came there." Rohit said, and gave Shivaay the list of phone calls. It was not a list but fuel that Rohit added into the fire of Shivaay's anger and hatred for Anika.

Shivaay entered his room, only to find it empty. He knew he had locked the door so it was clear that she was at the poolside as it had a door that opened in his room. He just couldn't see her sitting over there silently after disobeying his order and then lying to him.

"Why don't you believe me ? Rohit is lying, he wants to take revenge on me." Anika shouted angrily, without any fear because he has scared her more than her limits and now she was insensitive to his anger.

"You talk a lot, don't you think ? I'll have to suit your mouth." Said Shivaay, and forced her to eat those green chillies, not caring about her eyes that turned red due to crying and her nose which was watering. She cried and cried until the plate of chillies was empty and he was satisfied seeing her cry more than enough for the day.

"It's spicy, right, Ms. Mistress ? Do you want water ?" she nodded while crying and the next second she was pushed into the pool. He smirked but it changed into confusion and then anxiousness after a few seconds of seeing her struggling to breathe and come out of the water. Confusion, because the pool was merely 3 feet deep and anxious because her struggles faded gradually and stopped after a few minutes. He jumped into the pool and held her close to him, patted her cheeks but she didn't respond at all. She was breathing but was unconscious.

He brought her into the room and laid her down on the bed so carefully that he was surprised with his actions, his anger disappeared long ago. He rubbed her feet and hands but there was no improvement.

"Shivaay !" Om called and then panicked seeing him wet and rubbing Anika's palm vigorously. "What happened to her ?" Asked an equally shocked and confused Rudra, seeing Shivaay and Anika drenched.

"She.. she fell into pool and became unconscious." Shivaay stammered, his heart thumping at the fastest speed. He wanted to punish her, true, but this was something he had not expected. Om knew better that it was not as simple as Shivaay told but for now bringing Anika to consciousness was more important. He pressed Anika's stomach and she spat out the water and coughed, making Shivaay sigh in relief. A few tears spilled out of his orbs that could only be sensed by him because his face was wet and the tears got mixed up with the water droplets dipping from his hair.

Om asked Rudra to turn the air conditioner off and call a female staff to change Anika's clothes whereas he dragged Shivaay towards his own room despite his denials. He was surprised to see his brother's unexpected concern for this girl whom their family and Shivaay himself despises to no ends, but that was not his concern for the time being.

After Shivaay changed his wet clothes, Om asked him the question which was bothering him, "What happened ?" Shivaay looked at Om and Rudra who joined them after a few minutes and knew what his brothers were talking about.

"She was calling Mr. Oberoi, and then she said she was calling her Dadi, which is a lie, I know because she has no family. When her lies didn't work, she started blaming Rohit. I.. I didn't know that she'll faint like that. The pool isn't deep and..." Shivaay narrated the whole incident that made Om angry, something which was rare.

"Do you even have any idea what could've happened today ? It doesn't matter if she's a mistress or anyone, it doesn't matter if she lied, or the pool isn't deep, what matters is, she could've died." Om said calmly, but Shivaay and Rudra knew he was angry. He wasn't short tempered like Shivaay who would break things and shout.

"Lets not talk about that girl and you, but what about Mom, Prinku, and I and Rudra ? And Dadi, you know very well what would happen if she got to know about your stunts. She cares for you more than anyone and she will be hurt beyond repair if she got to know that you are literally destroying your own life for this so called revenge." Om spoke, thinking that Dadi's reference would make Shivaay's brain function in right the direction.

Little did he know that Shivaay wasn't listening to him but busy in his own thoughts about his Ms. Mistress. He didn't answer Om's questions and left from there, leaving an angry Om and confused Rudra behind.

Shivaay, without thinking much, pulled Anika into a hug seeing her gasping for breathe and murmuring incoherent words in her sub conscious state. She had fever, he sensed, and gave her medicine once she stopped struggling. He sat beside her, pondering over his own actions. He won't have done this if she was awake.

"But why did her condition bothered him so much ?" was all he thought. Not to forget, those incoherent words spoken by her, "Don't.. leave me... Don't go..", what did those words mean ?

He sat at the pool side when he was not being able to keep her out of his thoughts seeing her infront of him and sleep engulfed him.

That was the day that changed something in him, God knows what. He was less cruel, taunted Anika less and avoided looking at her. He had no idea what that feeling was, perhaps fear. It was just making him mad, really mad.
___________________________

So, how was it ? Do tell me and don't forget to vote.

Love you all a lot 💕💕💕