Steppenwolf (Pt. 1)

Gotham City

Hours Later...

Mia, Bruce, and Barry got out of the car to see Diana standing there waiting for them.

"You found the Cyborg?" Bruce asked as they approached her.

"His name is Victor Stone," Diana said, folding her arms over her chest. "And yes. We spoke, but... we have to give him time." Bruce nodded. 

Diana then turned to Barry giving him a wide smile. "Hi, you must be Barry...I'm Diana."

Barry smiled sticking his hand out for her to shake. "Hi, Barry. I'm Diana...Wait that's not right." Bruce and Diana exchanged glances as Mia placed her hand on her forehead and sighed. 

"So...uhm...This is us." Bruce said, trying to get away from that awkward moment.

"Yep," Diana said, shrugging her shoulders. "...Right now our top priority needs to be finding the mother boxes."

"Then let me come with you. Maybe I can help to get you access inside to talk to Dr. Stone." Mia said.

"How?" Bruce asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm a reporter. I'll just say I'm here for an interview." 

"Oh, that's awesome!" Barry suddenly said

Everyone turned to see Barry pointing ahead at the Bat-signal. "That's you!" Barry said pointing out the obvious. Bruce just rolled his eyes and sighed. "That means we have to go?"

"Yeah, that's what that means," Bruce said.

Barry turned back toward the window. "Our first gig."

Bruce and Diana just exchange glances.

"Ayway, Mia, we need to talk," Bruce said grabbing her hand and leading her off to the side. "I don't think you should be involved anymore."

Mia removed her hand from Bruce and not expecting him to say that. "What? Why?"

"Mia, it's too dangerous. You not exactly...equipped for this." Bruce said

Mia just gave him a hard look. "Are you serious right now? You get me involved in this little mission to save the world only to just ditch me." Mia shook her head. "No, Bruce you don't get to decide this. I'm involved now." Mia declared crossing her arms over her chest.

"Look Mia the only reason I got you involved in that you knew Barry and I didn't want you to be left in the dark." Bruce sighed when he saw Mia roll her eyes. "Mia hear me out. You know good and well if Clark were alive he would not allow you anywhere near this. Especially, when our enemy wants to put a fight. I can't afford you getting hurt or worst."

Mia looked at Diana and Barry who were watching them then back at Bruce and sighed. "Fine. I will not get involved... for Clark."

Bruce gave her a small smile and patted her shoulder. "I will send a ride back to Metropolis for you." They both walked back over to Diana and Barry who stop talking when they notice them. As they make their way to Bruce's car at that moment Mia's ride showed up as well.

"Keep me updated. Okay?" Mia said as the driver of the car opened the door for her.

Bruce nodded then left for his car with the others.

"Miss?" The driver said as he escorted Mia to the car. 

........