Dining With Lex

After I found Lex office number I sat at my desk contemplating on what I was going to say. As I sat there I looked over at Clark's empty desk. Clark had left a little while ago heading over to Gotham City. 

I sighed and picked up the phone on my desk and dialed the number to Lex's office. It ringed a few times until someone finally pick up.

"This is Lex Luthor's assistant Mercy. How may I help you?"

"Yes, this is Mia Jones. I work for the Daily Planet and I have talked with your boss earlier on wanting to met for an interview. Is he available at the moment?

"I'm sorry ma'ma, but you just missed him. I will make sure he gets back with you once he returns."

"Thank you I appreciate that-"

"Wait, Miss Jones he just walked back in. One moment please."

I hear a little bit of noise on the other side of the phone until I hear the familiar voice of Lex Luthor himself. "Hello, Mia I was meaning to call you about the meet up for the interview."

"Well, my boss really wanted me to talk to you about your connection to the shooter." I said as I fiddled with the rubber band in my hand.

"I see. Why don't we meet up for a dinner this evening around 5 o'clock. Is that a good time for you?"

I looked through my daily planner and saw I nothing going on this evening. "Yes it is a good time for me."

"Good. Mercy will call you later and give you details on when and where we should met. Good Bye Mia. Look forward to seeing you later this evening."

"Uhm, you to." With that he hung up and I hung up as well.

Clark's POV

As I got on the ferry to Gotham I lean against the railing looking at the water as I began to reflect on a few things

As I got on the ferry to Gotham I lean against the railing looking at the water as I began to reflect on a few things. My thoughts went back to the woman from Africa to the man that spray painted the statue of me and the Gotham vigilante. I also thought back to what I saw earlier on the news I saw that if an inmate was caught in prison with the Batman symbol it was an immediate death wish. 

I know Perry sent me on a useless mission to report the football game, but I feel the Gotham vigilante is more important topic right now. That's what I should be doing here in Gotham since Batman is one of the main topics today besides me as Superman.

When I got off the Ferry I knew that I had to find answers to this bat vigilante which I would start at the Gotham City police station. Where the recently branded victim of the Batman was sent to.

I went inside the building and approached the front desk. "Excuse me." I said getting the attention of the woman behind the desk. "I'm trying to find what happened to an inmate named Santos."