Show Time

Metropolis

A Few Hours Earlier

Mia's POV

I had my hands in pocket trying to keep them warm as I walked down the street. I usually do not like going out at night let alone by myself, but I could not sit in my apartment any longer. I was too busy being worried about Clark since he left so suddenly. I haven't seen him in two days. He just leaves without giving me any clue where he has gone. I have called and texted at least a thousand times. I understand if he may need some time alone, but at least let someone know that you are okay. I don't care if he is indestructible I still worry for his safety.

My concern for Clark was beginning to cloud my head so I decided to take a walk and get some fresh air. As I was walking my phone began to ring. I quickly reached for my phone thinking it was Clark. To my dismay it was not Clark, but nonetheless I still smiled when I saw who was calling me. It was my best friend Iris. 

"Iris. Hey. How's it going?"

"It's going fine. Although I am mad at you."

"Why?"

"You haven't called me in a while. Has that guy from Kansas keeping you busy?" She teased.

I chuckled. "Girl what are you talking about I talked with you a few days ago."

"I know I just miss hanging out with you."

"Yeah, I know. I miss hanging out with you too. I just been busy with work and my-"

 "Your boooyyfriend?" I rolled my eyes at how childish she was being. How old is she five? "So, how have you two been?"

My mood changed a little as I thought about the things that have happened between me, Clark, and Bruce. I sighed. "Well-"

"Don't tell me you two broke-up! Mia you cannot afford to be single again."

"What? No. Well its just that...Bruce Wayne kissed me." I confessed. There was silence on the other side of the line. "Iris?"

"Oh. My. Gosh. Mia. Bruce kissed you!"

"Yeah, that's what I said."

"What? When? Where? Why? How did Clark feel? What did he say?..." Iris kept going on and on with questions.

"Iris would you shut-up for five minutes."

"Sorry, it's just that your life is boring and you never really have drama in it."

"Okay, I'm going to pretend you did not just insult me...Anyway,..." I went on and told Iris what has happen excluding the part about me finding out Clark is Superman. I just made something up like he is about to lose his job, bull crap. Man, it's so cool to know that your boyfriend is a Superhero. Maybe one day I can have the chance to tell Iris who Clark is.

"Wow you have been busy."

I was about to nod my head, but stopped myself when I realized I was on the phone. "Yeah, it has been. I don't know where Clark is." I said as I took a seat on a bench near the sidewalk.

"You should try calling him again." Iris suggested.

"Yeah, I will when I get off the phone with you." As soon as I said that I heard the snap of a twig behind me. I turned to see who was there, but saw no one.

"Hello? Mia?"

"Oh, sorry. What did you say?" I said now turning back around. As I continued my conversation with Iris I could feel eyes on me, but every time I turn around I find no one there.