Sick

3rd POV

"Lex." Mia mumbled out as she watched Lex make his way through the crowd of people. 

"Mia. It has been a while since we last talked." He said holding out his hand for her to shake.

"Yes it has." Mia said as she grabbed his hand to shake, but instead he lifted her hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. 'What is up with this man and kissing?' Mia thought. 

In the distance Superman (aka Clark) looked over as Lex laid a kiss on Mia's hand. He knew it was just a simple gesture, yet he still felt displeased by it.  Then his attention was turned away by a reporter asking questions, but he still turn occasionally watching them talk.

Lex then let go off her hand and looked around the crowd. "You know when I heard that the Daily Planet was having a press conference or interview with Superman I knew you would have to be here. So, I thought why not drop by." He said with an odd smile as he looked at Mia. For some reason Mia just had a bad feeling about this guy. "Speaking of interviews we never got a chance to get together for an interview."

"Oh, now that you say it I do have some questions for you since the man was mainly targeting you in the shooting."

"Well let's have this interview over dinner." He suggested.

Mia had an sure look on her face. She knew it was just an innocent dinner, but she did want to give him or Clark the wrong idea. "I...uhm-"

"I swear this is dinner will be professional as possible." Lex sad giving Mia a sincere look.

"Okay, when and where?"

"Since I already have your number I will call you later and tell you." He said then looked to see the crowd leaving and Superman making his way toward them. Lex narrowed his eyes in disgust as held a hatred for Kryptonians. 

"Lex, you okay?" Mia asked as she noticed his change in facial expression and mood. Lex turned back to Mia and smiled. "Yes, I'm fine. I have to get going. See you soon." He said then walked off. As He walked off he noticed a man in a wheelchair in the distance looking in Superman's direction with so much hate. It made Lex smirk in delight of someone who shares the same hate for the man of steel. 

'What a weird man.' Mia thought as she watched him walked away. "Mia." She turned to see Superman standing behind her. "Superman."

"Mia I just wanted to thank you for helping me out."

Mia smile. "You welcome. I just wanted you to show everyone the hero that we needed."

He nodded his head and smiled. "Well I appreciate that. I think the people appreciate that as well. Things just might work out in the future." They stood there in silence for a moment.

"Well I have to get going to work on this story, then I have to go home and take care of my sick boyfriend."

"You must really love him?" Superman asked. 

Mia was not expecting him to ask that. She smiled as she thought of Clark. "Yea, I do." 

Superman smile grew at her answer. "See you around Mia." He then turned and took off into the air. Seeing him fly always amazed her. She never thought that she will actually met and see him up close.

.....................

Gotham City

"...I have no motive to want harm to come to anyone. All I can say is that I am sorry for the way things turned out-"