A Bat's Knightmare

Saturday Afternoon

Metropolis

"Why did you never tell me who you were?" 

Clark stop eating as he look across the table at Mia. They were both currently having lunch at Bubba's Barbeque. "Mia, what are you talking about? I thought we went over this."

"I know I just feel...I hate that you couldn't...I don't know. I just want you to know that you could have trusted me to keep your secret."  Mia said crossing her arms over her chest.

Clark sighed as he reached across the table grabbing Mia's hands. "Mia, you have to understand I did it to protect you because I care about you." Mia nodded. "I also wanted you to get to know the real me. I know this sounds clique, but I wanted you to love me for me. Not what I can do as Superman."

"I understand what you mean." Mia said.

"Not to mention the fact that I barely knew you then and I could go around blurting out that I am Su-" Clark stopped himself looking around. "You know what I mean."

Mia nodded her head once more as she released her hands from his to continue eating. "Yeah, I suppose that makes sense."

"Look, Mia let's not make this any awkward, weird and any more shocking than it already is. You mine if we just drop it?"

Mia looked over at Clark still amazed at the truth she had just learned. Although it did hurt that he kept it from her, but she understood why he did it. "Your right. Let's just enjoy the rest of our day of."

Clark gave her a grateful smile as they continued back to their lunch.

.................

Somewhere not in Metropolis

3rd POV

Bruce Wayne walked the beautiful museum in search of the person that he heard that would make themselves present here tonight. He needed to know who this mysterious woman was. Also, know why she at Lex Luthor's house a few weeks ago.

He glazed a different artwork and historical artifacts as he looked around for the woman. A few moments later he spotted her viewing the Sword of Alexander. He smirked he walked up behind her. "Its a fake." he said walking closer.

"The real one was sold in '98 in the black market. And now it hangs-"

"Over the bed of the Sultan of Hajar." She smartly answered then turn giving him an innocent smile. "Excuse me." She began to walk away until Bruce grabbed her arm. She looked down at the hand that was touching her.

"Excuse me, miss. The other night, a few weeks ago, you took something from me that doesn't belong to you."

She laughed a little. "If I am correct you are also a thief as well. Sneaking into Mr. Luthor's house just to steal information." She said as Bruce walked with her, her arm still in his grasp. "It took you this long to come and confront me."

Bruce looked at her stunned by her answer, but quickly recovered. "Well I had been busy and you did not exactly give me your number. Anyway stealing is not polite."  

The woman just looked at him. "In my opinion Mr. Wayne you are in no position to lecture me...Anyway, is it stealing if you are stealing from another thief?" She asked.

He looked over at her and asked, "Who are you?"

The woman looked around at other artifacts as she answered. "Someone interested in the same man as you are."