The Scream That Went Around The World

The night Superman died changed everything.

Superman's last breath. His death cry was heard around the world. His death was felt by every nation of man.

From Metropolis to Central City and places lesser-known to man

Atlantis...

And Themyscira.

The world stopped in its tracks as Superman's scream of agony filled the air.

His scream alerting the world that Superman was dead.

The alarm bell has rung and the darkness is coming to answer its call.

They have awoken.

.........

Many Weeks Later....

Central City

3rd POV

"How is she?" Bruce asked, walking inside the small apartment.

Iris sighed as she closed the door behind him. "Quiet." She replied, leaning against the door folding her arms over her chest. "She barely leaves her room anymore. Only to eat and use the bathroom."

Bruce sighed. "You mind?"

"Yeah, the last door on your right," Iris answered, pointing down the hall. "I'm going to start on dinner in the meantime. You're welcome to stay if you want."

"Thanks," Bruce said, taking off his expensive black peacoat and hanging it on Iris' coat rack.

He took a deep breath and slowly made his way down the hall.

Once in front of her door, he raised his hand toward the door and softly knocked.

"Come in." A soft voice called.