Old Friends and Handsome Strangers

Two Day After the Interview

"Iris I am so excited I can't believe I am going to be a full time reporter." I said.

"Well congrats Mia I am so happy for you." Iris said as she sat at the table across from me.

Iris and I were currently on our laptops trying to help me find an apartment to move into in Metropolis. I wanted to find a place a soon as possible, but there has been no luck so far. My mom was helping but she wanted to make refreshments as we looked because she knew it will be a long time before I found myself a place.

"Honey any luck yet?" My mom asked as she set the sandwiches down on the table.

I shook my head. "No not yet."

"Oh, Mia I think I found something for you."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yep, look." Iris said as she pointed to the screen. The place looked nice 2 bedroom and two bathroom. It nice kitchen and living room area. "Also, check out the price of rent." I look to see that the rent look to be the amount I can afford at the moment.

"Okay, I think this is it I found my new place to stay." I said reading the reviews of the place making sure they mention nothing bad. More specifically looking for anyone who reported cockroaches. I can't stand those things. So far there have been a good amount of positive reviews.

"Well, I have to get going. Mia could you drop me off at my dad's house?" Iris asked as she stood up.

"Yeah, I will call the landlord this evening about the apartment." I said standing up getting ready to leave as well.

"Mia when you go by your dad's study tell him and Bruce dinner is ready." My mom said putting food on the table.

"Bruce is here?" I asked surprised as my heart almost beat out of my chest. "I didn't even no he was here. I thought he would have come later this week."

"Yeah he decided that he would come early. Bruce and your father are in a meeting upstairs. They should be finishing up by now." My mom said as she went back into the kitchen.

"Iris I will be right back. I'm going to speak with my dad." Iris just nodded her head as she continued to text on her phone.

I walked out of the kitchen and made my way to the large stairway. My parent's home is rather large but nowhere as big as Bruce's it's not that my dad could not afford it. It just that my mom didn't want a house too big. She was use to living in a small house growing up.

As I made my way up the stairs I could hear voices as I approached my dad's office. I knocked on the door and the chattering behind the door quieted down. Then I heard a 'come in'. I made my way inside to see my dad sitting at his desk as Bruce sat across from him. It has been a while since I seen Bruce in person. Ever since that day me and Bruce went looking for my dad while Metropolis was in chaos. (Turns out my dad had already left the building as was heading back to us. If stuck around a little longer we would have seen return to us safely.) Bruce and I used to be great friends ever since we were kids. My father was Bruce's father, Thomas Wayne, company lawyer for as long as I can remember. Although I heard when my dad first started people were a bit skeptical about my dad beginning a lawyer for a major company, but he proved himself. His father and my father had became friends and been friends ever since until that tragic day of Bruce's parents death.

"Mia I didn't know you were here." My dad said getting up and making his way toward me. He came over and gave me a hug.

"Hey, Mia." Bruce said standing up and making his way toward me. He gave me a hug and I hugged him back something I have done in a while. It felt nice to have Bruce's nice toned body in my arms again. I almost didn't want to let go. 'Chill Mia. Chill."