Chapter thirty - Unpetrified

Third person pov

Harry could do nothing but watch as his friend was pushed off down the halls until he saw them walk away. Dobby sighs.

"Miss Y/n was the first one to be kind in my household." Dooby sighed.

"Y/n is always like that. I don't know how she'll fare in Azkaban." Harry said looking at Y/n's figure get further away.

"Now isn't your time to worry about that." Harry turns around at the voice only to find it's Dumbledore.

"She's innocent, we know the real heir." Harry reminded him.

"Yes, but they took her for her relation to Voldemort." Dumbledore told the boy.

"She's not evil." Harry said his voice full of sorrow.

"I know Harry. That's why we have plans in place but it'd look worse if she hid. Harry, you should take a bath and get ready for the ceremony tomorrow night."

"Yes professor." He says half heartedly.

"And Dobby." The professor calls.

"Come with me." He tells the house elf who happily comes along.

Harry went back to his dormitories, where he found Ron dead asleep. Harry was prepping for tomorrow as nice at it would be, he'd have to tell Hermione what happened to Y/n they were best friends after all.

**************************

Harry and Ron entered the Great hall Ron had no idea about Y/n yet, and if Harry listened to Y/n he wouldn't know anything. Everyone was saying a welcome back to Sir Nickolas.

"Hermione! Welcome back!" He said to the brown-haired girl at the halls entrance.

"Thanks, sir Nickolas." She smiled.

"Harry! Its Hermione!" Neville warned the boy.

Hermione runs to Harry and hugs him happy to be back, meanwhile her and Ron share an awkward handshake.

"Welcome back Hermione." Ron says.

"It's good to be back. Congratulations I can't believe you solved it!" Hermione congratulated the two boys.

"Well we had loads of help from you. We couldn't have done it without you." Harry smiles at Hermione.

"Thanks." She blushes in the complement.

"Can I have your attention please?" McGonagall called out.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause, for professor sprout, madam Pomfrey, who's mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all how had been petrified." The headmaster stated bringing everyone into a nice round of applause.

"Also, in the light of recent events, as a school treat all exams have been cancelled." He smiled everyone cheered but Hermione who had sighed and was quite sad there was no exams.

As everyone's cheers died down Hagrid opened the doors into the great hall.

"Sorry I'm late. The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." Hagrid said walking forward and stopping at the golden trio.

"I'll just like to say, if it hadn't been for you Harry and Ron and Hermione and Y/n... Well I'd still be you-know-where so I, I just like to say thanks." Hagrid says looking at them with a heartfelt smile.

"There's no Hogwarts without you Hagrid." Harry says hugging the giant man.

Everyone slowly gets up and claps at the two and at Hagrid's return, even Crabbe, that is before Draco stopped him.

**************************

After an amazing feast harry went back and got all packed. Everything felt so different... Harry would need a moment alone to tell Hermione what was happening.

Harry's pov

I bored the train with Hermione and Ron, we got a both and all seemed well, normal conversation until.

"Have any of you seen Y/n? She always said goodbye." Hermione ponders.

"Now you mention it no. Last time I saw here she was in Dumbledore's office with Harry." Ron says eating a licorice wand.

"Well she told me she needed to pack and ran off shortly after you Ron." I told them... lied to them.

"Weird, her roommates haven't seen her either, they asked me before I got on." Hermione told us all.

"I'm sure she's fine, maybe with the twins or Malfoy." Ron said his mouth full.

"Maybe." Hermione clearly did not believe me. Sooner or Later Ron went to the washroom aboard and Hermione got serious.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Hermione, Y/n told me not to tell Ron, you have to promise not to say anything to him or anyone else." I told her she nodded.

"I promise, just tell me what happened to my friend." She said with begging eyes.

"She was taken." I say.

"Taken? By who?" She whispers.

"By the ministry.... To Azkaban." Her eyes are glazed over with tears.

"Why?" She asks. That's the hardest question.

I quickly explain her bloodline and Hermione sits there in shock.

"So, they think she's evil because of her bloodline...?" Hermione hissed.

"Yeah..." I tell her.

"So what if she's the heir, she's a good person and an even better friend." Hermione scolds standing up pacing.

"What can we do?" I ask, she looks at me before sitting beside me, hand over mine.

"Well like you said the plan, wait for Dumbledore, but if she isn't on the train ride to Hogwarts year three, we're going to get her out I swear." Hermione says before patting my hand and going back to her seat across from me.

"I know Hermione, I had to watch her give up and get taken away." I sigh knowing she was terribly sad.

"Sorry Harry. I know she'll be okay. She is the strongest witch of any age, right?" Hermione says with a smile, tears no longer in her eyes. If she believed that Y/n could be okay then I did too.

"Yeah. She'll be okay." I smile.

Ron came in and it was a silent train ride back to the Dursley's.

*************************

Back at Hogwarts third person pov

Snape, Dumbledore, Hagrid and McGonagall are in the headmasters office.

"She's been taken?" Snape hissed the question at Dumbledore.

"Yes." He sighed.

"Well considering you know what I'll say next. I suggest we get her out as quickly as you can manage." Snape paces thinking.

"I plan to Severus." Albus reminds him.

"Good." Snape sneered looking towards the door.

"You care about the girl as do I, but do think with reason Severus." McGonagall implored him.

"I'm thinking with reason. I know more then anyone how the ministry feels, I also know they're wrong." He snaps back.

"Severus, we'll help her." McGonagall promised softly.

"I was there when she first came in, she'll be okay." Hagrid reminds him. He looks at the three others and sighs painfully.

"I-I know." It was probably the first time Snape cared about anyone's wellbeing, and all the professors knew that.

They had to get her out who knows who else she might meet while in there.

(This is the end of the second book and I might take a day or two before starting the next one or a few hours who really knows, but I hope you enjoyed. The series is over now and you'll get and update for the third book progress soon.)