Chapter fifteen - Duelling Club

Y/n pov

You walk back to the dorm to change out of the bloodied sweater you were wearing. Josh stops you in the common room.

"Y/n where have you been I-" Josh stops seeing you tried you looked. He then glanced at your arm.

"Your arm? What happened? Where on earth were you last night?" Josh grills you.

"I fell and hit my head, this is just some leftover blood, that's why I wasn't here last night." You say, it's the same story you told Pomfrey to tell in case anyone asked.

"Okay..." Josh says skeptical, not buying your answer.

"It's been forever since I've seen you." You state.

"This year has been very busy, it's hard with that warning and that poor kid getting petrified everyone is on high alert." Josh sighs.

"No matter what happens you'll get through it." You tell him smiling he was much taller than you so expressing your concerns felt child like.

"I'll bet. With friends like you I don't think I need to doubt it." You smile at his words. You'll try to help him in whatever he chooses it's hard to believe next ear will be his last.

"I missed talking to you. Will you be here over the holidays?" You asked.

"Yes. Maybe we can catch up then. Right now you need to change and get to class." Josh explains.

"Yes. Sure thing Josh." You say running off to your room.

You make yourself look and smell decent after your events of last night. Peter could've died without you, you both needed each other right now, without him you wouldn't have perused becoming an animagus and without you he'd be dead, or worse.

You smile at yourself before heading off to defense against the dark arts you had heard Lockhart had something special planned. You see Bay and Alli in the crowd and smile. You stood by Draco, Crabbe and Goyle watching the man walk up on the long platform before you.

"Gather around! Can everybody see me, can you all hear me?" Lockhart says you only hope his stupidity has worn off.

"Excellent!" He says looking his eyes and on you and he narrows them.

"In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up, in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions." You glare at the man. Draco smirked at your reaction to him.

"For full details, see my published work." You roll your eyes at him, he's awful. He throws an item of clothing into the crowd and girls gasp as they reach for it. Pathetic. You notice Hermione looks absolutely enthralled by the man.

"Let me introduce, my assistant, professor Snape." You smirk. If he tries anything Snape will tear him a new one.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngster to worry, you'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him. Never fear." You scoff at Lockhart's confidence.

"It isn't Snape we should be worried about." You whisper to Bay, she tries to hold her laugh in as Alli smiles widely. You notice Snape heard you but hadn't said anything. Lockhart and Snape face off wands at the ready and bow, Snape is annoyed yet patient.

"One. Two. Three." Lockhart says.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape says casting Gilderoy Lockhart to go flying backwards quite a bit. You too laugh with the majority of the students. Lockhart's ego is getting n the way of his senses.