Chapter eighteen - Punishment

Hermione pov

Y/n had just run out. Peter went after her but soon came trotting back in.

"Lost her."  He commented. My mind was racing, my wand at the two Hufflepuffs chests.

"What should we do now?" Harry asks.

"Peter get McGonagall, we'll hold these eight here." I instruct.

"Okay, on it." Peter said running out.

"Hermione... Y/n must've known you were afraid of her." Ron stated.

"Why were you afraid she's one of your best friends?" Harry asks me.

"Well, she's a Slytherin and can speak Parseltongue and knows more than any of us. She's wise and rich, money has to come from somewhere. It just happened to be a huge possibility. I was afraid." explain in shame but not letting my guard down.

"You honestly think after all sages' done for us she'd hurt you?" Ron asks.

"No... Gosh I feel stupid now." I curse.

"I think whenever we see her next, we apologise and work on finding the real heir." Harry suggested.

"Yeah, sounds like the best course of action." I compliment.

McGonagall walks in briskly with Peter, Severus and Dumbledore and I see Lockhart waiting outside the door.

"Professors. These-" I attempted but McGonagall cut me off.

"Oh, we hear what they've done. Assaulting another student! False claims which will already cost your house's major points."

"Do you have anything to say for yourselves?" The headmaster asks harshly.

"..."

"We were only trying to protect our school." The eldest Gryffindor said.

"And our house." Said the brown haired Slytherin.

"She didn't pose a threat!" I yelled.

"Honestly I should expel you two!" Professor Snape growls.

"Severus please." Lockhart says from the door way.

"Not now, Gilderoy." He hissed back. Scaring the man silent.

"Severus..." Dumbledore warns calmly getting the professor to back off.

"You eight will all serve detention from now until the year ends. You will all write formal apologies and I will send an owl to your parents. One more event like this and you shall be kick off school grounds." Dumbledore warns.

"Now, where's L/n?" Snape asks in a quick tone.

"She ran off." Ron states.

"When we see her again, she'll decide your total fate if she'd like to take this further than the school." Dumbledore declared looking at the eight children.

"You're all too lucky." Snape hissed as they looked at him almost peeing themselves.

"Severus." Dumbledore calls.

"Go to your dormitories immediately." McGonagall ordered the eight. They left quickly and scared.

"Potter, Granger, Groveden and Weasley, how bad was the aftermath?" Lockhart asked. Truly something I didn't want to describe.

"She got a punch in or two in self defense but she herself... her face was covered in blood, one can assume her own, and her arms and eye already was bruising she has a deep looking cut from under her left eye. Though not to deep to leave a scar." I explained half heartedly.