Chapter twenty eight - Heir of Slytherin

Y/n pov

The tunnels were gross and not at all lit, you were struggling to see ahead of you at times. You and Harry went down a ladder into the most impressive part of the chamber.

"Wow.... This is it... this is really it! The Chamber of Secrets!" You say excitedly to Harry; this is a chamber not even the ministry has found before.

"Ginny." Harry said running towards her. You shook your head and followed after him remembering why you were really there.

"Ginny, Ginny, oh Please don't be dead... wake up. Wake up!" Harry ask rushing to her on his knees gently shaking her, you watched in horror of the girl's state. You didn't have your bag, no potions to help heal her.

"She won't wake." Tom's voice came out of the shadows.

"Tom... You're here..." You said suspiciously. Harry looked at you narrowing his eyes at how you knew of Tom's existence.

"Tom. Tom Riddle. What do you mean she won't wake? She's not..." Harry asked focusing on the task at hand.

"She's still alive, but only just." Tom stated.

"Are you a ghost?" Harry asked, you looked at Tom, would you finally get an answer.

"A memory, preserved in a dairy for fifty years." Tom told you two his eyes flicking back to you many times.

"She's as cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up. You've got to help me Tom, it's a basilisk." Harry said looking at Ginny. You notice Tom picking up Harry's wand and you stare at him weirdly.

"It won't come until it's called." Tom says looking at Harry's wand.

"Give me my wand Tom." Harry orders more then asks.

"You won't be needing it." Tom state. An alarm goes off in your head. Tom can't be trusted.

"Tom..." You warned getting your wand out, not pointing it at him yet.

"Listen we've got to go we've got to save her." Harry says looking at Tom to Ginny.

"I'm afraid I can't do that Harry. You see as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger." Tom says, so he's drawing from her lifeforce.

"Harry... I think we should take Ginny out of here." You warn him, maybe Dumbledore could help her but being near Tom wasn't helping.

"Shush." Harry ignores your warning.

"You see Harry, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the chamber of Secrets." Tom revealed.

"No. She couldn't, she wouldn't." Harry denied.

"It wasn't her though was it Tom?" You called him out and he smirked at you, he knows you've caught on.

"It was Ginny who sent the Basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filches cat. It was Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls." Tom gave you a very clear image.

"Why?" Harry asks.

"Because I told her to. You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was shall we say in a kind of trance. Still the power of the diary began to scare her and she tried to dispose of it in the girls bathroom and then who should find it but you two. The very People I was most anxious to meet." Tom told us, it had been him the whole time, untrustworthy bastard.