Chapter twenty six - Entering The Chamber

Y/n pov

"All students are to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second-floor corridor immediately." McGonagall announced.

"Well this'll be a right mess." You bet the boys. Ron nods with you.

You Ron and Harry all share a look of agreement, you were going to that corridor no matter what.

"As you can see the Heir of Slytherin has left anther message. Our worst fear has been realized a student has been taken by the monster into the chamber itself." McGonagall said. You three just hid behind a corner but the teachers were blocking your view of the message.

"Students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." McGonagall said. You felt bad for her, she cared so much about Hogwarts and the students here.

Lockhart strolls in casually and you grit your teeth at the sight of him.

"So sorry, dozed off. What did I miss?" He asks with a smile you wish you could duel him, maybe knock off some confidence.

"A girl has been snatched by the monster Lockhart. Your moment has come at last." Snape spoke up. You looked at him nervously, as long as he stays safe.

"M-My moment?" Lockhart stuttered. You smiled.

"Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of secrets is?" Snape teased the man, you smiled knowing he was secretly proud of putting the man on the spot.

"That's settled. We'll leave you to deal with the monster Gilderoy, your skills after all are legend."  McGonagall teased Lockhart too. You smiled at the two.

"Very well. I'll just uh be in my office getting... uh... getting ready." Lockhart stuttered quickly walking off down the halls.

"Who is it that the monster has taken Minerva?" Madam Pomfrey asked kindly.

"Ginny Weasley." McGonagall said sadly. Ron gasped as the teachers moved away down the halls.

"Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever." Ron read the message. You saw Ginny earlier she was a bit pale but alive. You looked at Ron's worried face.

"Ginny..." He whispers.

"We'll save her Ron don't worry." You promise a hand on the boy's shoulder. You cared about him. Sure, you and Ron disagreed but in the end you were friends. You would get Ginny back. And back alive.

You Harry and Ron head to Lockhart's office. You hate the man but he may be of some use, even if it's just as bate.

"Lockhart may be useless but if he's going to the Chamber at least we can tell him what we know." Harry said.

"I wouldn't trust him alone. Whatever happens I'm going." You vowed. Harry stopped running and looked at you Ron followed his actions.

"Y/n, it's dangerous..." Harry tells you. You smile, like that'd stop you.

"I'm going. Now lets talk to Lockhart." You tell them walking forward. Harry smiles at your bravery and determination to save Ginny and enter the chamber.