Chapter sixteen - More Petrified

Y/n pov

You were in the grand hall, studying you hear whispers behind you.

"She's a Slytherin most likely the heir." You hear a girl whisper.

You attempt to ignore it but you feel a gust of wind and see a note in front of your face that says 'Killer' You crumble it up and just keep attempting to work

"She acts innocent but really she just wants muggle-born blood spilt." A few people mutter behind you.

"I hear she's the one that petrified Colin." A boy said.

"When and who will she attack next?" A few people say.

"I bet she'll kill one of her so-called friends." That one set you off.

"Enough!" You stand up and shout at them. They look terrified of you. You take a deep breath and shake your head. You notice the amount of eyes on you and you excuse yourself from the study hall quite quickly.

On your way to the Dormitories you hear whispers, indistinct but whispers none the less, the same as the ones that you heard with Colin and Mrs. Norris.

It's fairly in distant but you can make out a die and start trotting along the wall following the sound.

KILL... KILL... KILL

You run around a corner and see Harry with Justin, the Hufflepuff boy and nearly headless nick both petrified.

"What happened?" You asked Harry.

"I don't know I just-"

"Just followed the voice until it ended up here." You and Harry said in unison.

"Yeah, so you can hear it too?" Harry asked you nodded.

"Caught in the act." Filch says.

"I'll have you out this time Potter. You too L/N. Mark my words." You and Harry look at each other worriedly.

"No Mr. Filch! Y-You don't understand." Harry stutters. Filch leaves. He soon comes back with McGonagall and see stares at me and Harry.

"Professor. I swear I didn't." Harry promised.

"This is out of my hands Potter. L/n follow me." McGonagall orders. You do and you notice you're both heading to Dumbledore's office having been there a few times.

"Professor Dumbledore will be waiting for you." McGonagall says as you and Harry walk inside.

"Sherbet Lemon." She says and the stairs start to move so you hope on Harry following quickly.

"Y/n are you scared?" Harry asks.

"No." You tell him strongly.

"Why not?"

"Because I know I've done nothing wrong. And if justice is fair, I'll receive no punishment for not committing a crime." You explained. He nodded and you both stopped on the floor and walked out.

"Professor Dumbledore?" Harry asks as you both wander in.

"Potter? L/n?" The sorting hat asks. Harry looked startled and nervous.

"I-I was just wondering if you put me in the right house?" Harry ponders. He must think he's the Heir.

"Yes, you were particularly difficult to place, but I stand by what I said last year 'you would've done well in Slytherin'." The Hat tells him.

"You're wrong." Harry says.

"Why is it so bad to be in Slytherin?" You ask him Harry looks away and saunters off. You roll your eyes.

"Ahh L/n, pleasure to see you again." The hat greats.