Chapter ten - Water Goblets

(Small trigger warning for the video above, it's positive but also show the fight before)

Y/n pov

In your sleep...

Tom appears in front of you.

"Y/n. What do you remember of Quirrell?" He asks. You stare him down. He doesn't force it, so you respond slowly.

"I remember everything: getting close, trusting him, I remember the fear and betrayal, I remember the pain. The pain was the thing I remember most. I thought I was going to die." You explain, you remember thinking Harry and you would die and you'd be helpless.

"What spell did he use?" Tom asks tilting his head.

"Crucio." You stated. He nodded and looked almost guilty.

"Why is all this important?" You pondered to him.

"I think the chamber and this may have something in common." He explained.

"The chamber of secrets?" You asked.

"Yes." Tom confirmed.

"Hmm. Well I'll do my research." You say.

"What are you? If I may ask." You added looking at the boy in front of you.

"I'd prefer not to say right now. You'll know in time Y/n." He says. You nod. Time, why always time screw time.

"Okay... Tom, why should I trust you?" You ask, all this talk of Quirrell is setting off alarms. You shouldn't trust anyone.

"I'm a mere student, no more than you. I think you'll find I mean you no harm." You nod at his answer still sceptical.

"Okay... I just worry about trusting after Quirrell.  Hell, I don't even know if this is real." You joke.

"I can a sure you this is very real. Did you ask your family about your lineage?" Tom asks causing your smile to drop.

"No. I mentioned it to Dumbledore answered too quickly..." You explained. He knew you had lied about not reveling his name, but not if you wrote a letter, so is there certain things he can't see?

"I suggest you do. You should wake up now." He says turning away from you.

You open your eyes and see Draco shaking you.

"What?" You ask in an annoyed tone.

"Are you okay?" Draco asks. You give him a confused look.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" You ask sitting up.

"Well it's past curfew and here I find you passed out sweating madly, you looked sick." Draco pointed out. You do notice now you're sweating, but you're cold.

"Sorry, I'm just tired, a lot of studying ..." You lie. Draco looked as of he wanted to say something but didn't.

"Goodnight Draco." You waved as you started walking to your room.

"Goodnight." He mutters in thought.

You took a shower given you were sweaty, and then went to sleep. Luckily not waking Alli or Bay.

You wake up more excited to your surprise, you walk over to you closet and stare at the black box with that vile.

You quickly get change realising how long you've been staring.

You rush to your first class. You sit in a seat beside Draco.

"Hey." You greet kindly.

"Hey..." He says absentmindedly.

"Are you sure you were okay last night?" He asks quickly yet quietly.

"Yeah, just tired, now I'm while rested and good." You smile, he seems not to buy your answers.

"Could I have your attention please. Now today we'll be transforming animals into water goblets." You perk up in interest and so did Draco.

"Like so... one... two... three, Vera Verto." The bird transformed into a beautiful metallic water goblet. The class awed as you just looking in amazement at how cool it was.

"Now it's your turn, well, who would like to go first?" Her eyes land on Ron. Oh no.

"Ah, Mr. Weasley, one, two three Vera Verto." She repeated as he watched nodding.

"Vera Verto." He said with the last tap of his wand. A green light sprung from his wand and his rat turned into a water goblet... sort of. It was still the rat but now in the shape of a water goblet. You and the whole class couldn't help but snicker and laugh.

"That wand needs replacing Mr. Weasley." McGonagall states as she begins to turn away Hermione's hand shoots up.

"Yes, Miss Granger?"

"I was wondering if you could tell us about the chamber of secrets?" Hermione asked curious, Draco too looked very interested as if he had a previous idea of what was happening but wanted to learn more.

"Very well. Well you all know of course that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the funders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not." She explained

"Three guesses who." Ron joked. Your eyes bore into him. At that comment. You shook your head clear and looked at McGonagall.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the student who admitted to Hogwarts, he believed magical learning should be kept in all magic families... In other words Purebloods." She said further. Way to throw our house under the bus. Draco glared at Hermione as she did the same. You gave Hermione a pleading look and she turned her attention back to the professor.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The Heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within and by so ding, purge the school of all those who in Slytherin's view unworthy to study magic."  McGonagall solemnly explained.

"Muggle-borns." Hermione says gaining a nod from McGonagall.

"Well naturally the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found." McGonagall assures us, you don't feel assured.

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?" You asked her.

"The chamber is said to be home to something only the heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster." The class looked to be in shock but you were in wonder, what was this monster, why did Salazar so scared, what happened to make the school searched many times? All theses questions. And no idea where to go for answers.

(Happy fricken pride month!!! 🏳️‍🌈But yeah this was fun chapter to write and almost 200 reads holy crap that's amazing only the tenth chapter too. Sorry for the wait but exams are just around the corner so I've been busy as hell. Hope to update soon and wishing you all the best -Emily)