Chapter twenty three - Follow the Spiders

Y/n pov

"I need to go." You say abruptly, seeing Hermione like this tore you apart.

"Y/n please stay." Ron begged his voice weak.

"If it only attacks muggle born, I'm safe. If I'm safe it better be scared." You growled.

"Y/n lets just talk to Hagrid first. Harry said he might know what and where the beast is." You pause and remember the dream. Hagrid please help us. You think.

"After curfew tonight, we go talk to Hagrid." Harry proposed. You stood in silence for a minute or two.

"Deal. Harry we'll use your cloak." You tell him. You walk back towards them to better discuss.

"Good. Meet you at the doors of the great hall?" You ask. They look at each other and nod.

"Sounds like a plan. Y/n do you have more supplies now, any more potions?" Ron asks you nod.

"Yes, I'll bring my bag." You told them, granted it was a small pouch around your waist but man was it useful. It always goes underestimated.

You went back to your lonely room and got ready you wore all black leggings, a fitted black long sleeve shirt with two white stripes at the bottom and a black and green cloak; which you put in your bag. You looked around the halls before entering.

"Y/n why you dressed like that?" Ron asked referring to the sneaky nature of it all.

"Once we get in there and Hagrid tells us what/ or where to find that monster, we'll need to be stealthy, I plan on blending in to the shadows in the event of an attack." You tell the boys.

"A-Attack?" Ron stutters.

"Yes. You act like you've never snuck around before. Besides that's what we plan to do tonight. Question Hagrid about the creature." You reminded them both.

"Fair. We should go before anyone can see us." Harry says holding up the cloak.

"You two go in. I'll go in if I see someone coming." You tell the two.

"Okay." Harry nods and you stand watch, may seem boring but it's important.

The two go in and talk to Harry when you hear distant voices. You see silhouettes more importantly you see them growing closer.

"Ron Harry!"  You shout getting their and Hgrid's attention.

"Y/n?" Hagrid asks but you have no time.

"People are coming." You warn.

"Hide under the cloak." Harry orders getting Ron and I under it with him.

The three of you hide under the cloak just as there's a knock on the door.

Hagrid grabs his crossbow and then opens the door.

"Oh, professor Dumbledore sir." He greets opening the door wider.

"Good evening Hagrid. I wonder could we." Hagrid nods and makes way.