Chapter five - Pixies

Y/n pov

You head off into defense against the dark arts. You take your seat in the mostly empty class and don't notice someone sit beside you until they say your name.

"Y/n." You turn to face the voice and see none other than the blonde pureblood boy.

"Draco?" You ask dazed.

"Yes, now what I was going to say, but you clearly don't listen is my parents are talking of winter plans so be warned." He says rolling his eyes. You huff.

"Understood."  You say before hearing a door get slammed open.

"Let me introduce you to your new defense against the dark arts teacher, me." Gilderoy Lockhart says. What an idiot! Why did Dumbledore even hire him? He's clearly not qualified.

"Gilderoy Lockhart order of merlin, third class. Honorary member of the dark force defense league, and five times winner of witch weekly's most charming smile award...But I don't talk about that." He said giving a signature smile. Hermione and some other girls seem to be in a trance looking at him. You stared in awe at how she could like a man like him?

"I didn't get rid of the Banshee by smiling at them." He chuckles and smiles noticing that no one laughed he moves on.

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books, well done. Now I thought we'd start today pith a little quiz. Nothing to worry about. Just to check how well you're following. How much you've uh.. taken in." You felt a coldness inside you. If only he knew how well you could defend yourself. Hermione gets the first tests to hand out and she looks at him like a hero. It's ridiculous.

"These questions, they're all about him." Ron muttered shocked. You looked over your paper and scoffed at the man, how cam one person be so self absorbed?

"You have 30 minutes... start, now." He says sitting at his desk. You answered because if you refused and failed a class your parents would have your head. You hand it in 30 minutes later and sit in silence as he goes over them tutting students.

"Hardly any of you remembered my favorite colour is Lilac. But, miss Hermione Granger new my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil, and market my own range of haircare potions. Good girl." He commended you felt your blood boil at this man, you knew they're real threats out there. He treated this class as a joke.

"Excuse me professor?" You say raising your hand.

"Yes, miss Y/n L/n?" He said with a smirk as if you were to complement him. You stood up your fists balled.

"Pardon my tone, but how does knowing your favorite color or your secret ambitions help us learn how to defend ourselves against what's out there!?" You ask shocking many students that you stood up against a ludicrous teacher.

"Learning from my books will-" You cut him off.

"This class isn't about you! I mean, I've heard of narcissism but this is students lives and future at state. This is more important than your ego." You tell him. You could feel students eyes on you many proud and thankful you stood up. Though some Gryffindor girls were a bit upset, probably had crushes on him. You heard quiet praise amongst the small chatter.

"Always one." He mutters under his breath.

"Pardon professor?" You ask

"Nothing, nothing. You may sit now miss L/n before I take any disciplinary action." You didn't want him to win but saw Harry, Ron and Draco all nodding telling you it was okay to back off. You took a deep breath and sat down.

Draco lightly elbows you, you look at him and he nods with a kind smile. You smile back before looking back to the front of the class.

"Now, I should jump into the real deal." He says sliding up from his seat.

"Be warned, it is my job to arm you against the foulest creature known to wizard current." He pauses for suspension. You roll your eyes.

"You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room." You shutter, you already have.

"Know only no harm can befall you whilst I am here." You don't believe that for a second. You look to your left and see Draco almost shaking in fear.

"I must ask you not to scream it might provoke them!" He shouts as he reveals some small blue winged creatures.

"Cornish pixies?" Seamus scoffs smiling at the caged creatures.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies. Laugh of you will Mr. Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Lets see what you make of them." Gilderoy say before opening up the cage. They go everywhere causing Chaos to rise. The class is a mess and people are running everywhere, including Draco who ran off scared. You had hidden under a desk to further observe the situation.

You see two pick up Neville by his ears you go and try to help but one grips the end of your wand.

"Flipendo."  You cast the pixie away and rush over to the trio.

"Get off me!" You hear Hermione yell. She has one pulling her hair.

"Stop. Hold still." Harry says before hitting the pixie with a book. You cast the few near them away with the Flipendo jinx.

Gilderoy attempts to cast some sort of spell but his wand is stolen and she runs for the door in which he entered.

"I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." He says before running into the room and locking the door.

"What do we do now?" Ron cries holding up books to swat them away with.

"Immobulus!" Hermione yells. All the pixies seem to be in slow motion, they can't even move.

"You wait till now to use that?" You half laughed.

"Sorry." She smiles proud. The four of you relax a bit.

"Why is it always me?" Neville asks sad. You sigh and give the boy a warm smile.

"No clue Neville, but I'll get you down." You promise, taking out your wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa."  You say gently lifting the boy and bringing him safely down.

"Lockhart is the worst teacher we've ever had, and that's coming from me after Quirrell. Lockhart is not at all qualified and will put students in danger due to his stupidity." You growl.

"Y/n, I think you should fully read his work, then you can say something." Hermione defends him.

"Fine." You mutter. You still don't like him though.

You help round up the pixies and you notice the way Harry is looking at you. As if he knew something you, ignored it.

"I'm going to head off to my room, see you later." You say walking off deep in thought.

"See ya later Y/n." They whisper looking at each other concerned at your angered state of mind.

(Sorry for it being so late personal life is hard rn so I'll still try to update but I don't want to publish crap, for the sake of it. So I'm sorry I'll do my best. Have a good weekend. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.)