Chapter twenty nine - Consequences

Y/n pov

You three were immediately sent to Dumbledore's office.

"You three realize in the past few hours you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules." Dumbledore says harshly.

"Yes sir." You three all mutter in shame.

"And there is sufficient evidence to have you all expelled." He reminds you. You all keep your heads down.

"Yes sir." You all say again.

"Therefore, it is only fitting that you all receive special awards for services to the school." You all look up surprised at him. You realized it was likely that Gryffindor would win the house cup but you didn't care anymore.

"Thanks sir." Harry says, you couldn't hide your grin.

"And if you would Mr. Weasley have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban; I believe we want our game keeper back." You smile at Dumbledore as he sends Ron out.

"Harry, first I want to thank you Harry, you must've shown me real loyalty down in the chamber, nothing but that could've called Fawkes to you." You smiled at Harry remembering what he had told Voldemort, about Dumbledore never truly being gone as long as we were loyal.

"And um, second, I sense that something is troubling you, am I right Harry?" Dumbledore says looking at the boy.

"it's just... You see sir I couldn't help but notice certain thing, certain similarities between Tom Riddle and me." Harry explained his concerns.

"I see, well you can speak Parseltongue, Harry why? Because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue. If I'm not mistaken Harry, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar." You were surprised by this information but let Harry peak.

"Voldemort transferred some of his powers to me?"

"Not intentionally, but yes." Dumbledore clarified.

"So, the sorting hat was right, I should've been in Slytherin."

"It's true Harry, you posses many of the qualities that Voldemort himself prizes. Determination, Resourcefulness and if I might say so a certain disregard for the rules. Why then did the sorting hat place you in Gryffindor?" Dumbledore asked Harry.

"Because I asked it to." Harry said, you remember him muttering about it.

"Exactly, Harry, Exactly, which makes you different from Voldemort. It is not our abilities that show who we truly are, it is our choices." Dumbledore says making him smile, he glances at you.

"If you want proof why you belong in Gryffindor, then I suggest you look more closely at this." Dumbledore says holding up the sword harry used to kill the Basilisk.

"Godric Gryffindor." He reads, you smile, you'd read about the sword before.

"It'd take a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the hat." Dumbledore tells Harry, making Harry smile and look at you with a kind grin.

"Professor, I need to say something." You say stepping forward.

"Yes, Y/n?" Dumbledore asks.

"Tom told me something rather odd." You take a deep breath before speaking.

"He told that I was the Heir of Slytherin." You told him. Harry looked at you surprised, you realized he would've been running from the Basilisk during all this.

"You are." Dumbledore says after a long pause. You stare at him in shock which turns to panic.

"What? How can I be? I don't agree with Salazar Slytherin's views, I'm not loyal to Voldemort, I'd never betray my friends." You explain.