Chapter three - Mandrake

Y/n pov

On your way to the headmaster's office you heard Harry and Ron, so you listened in making sure they weren't in over their heads, there was a small crack in the door that you peered into.

"You were seen! By no less then seven muggles. Do you have any idea how serious this is?" Snape bellowed clearly mad. Thought fair thing to be pissed off about.

"You have risked the exposure of our world!" You roll your eyes! Really you two!  How have they managed that? You shake you head at Ron and Harry.

"Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a whomping willow that's been on these grounds since before you were born." Snape frown glaring harshly at the boys.

"Honestly professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us." Ron chimed in.

"Silence! I assure you that, were in Slytherin, and your fate rested with me, the both of you would be on the train home tonight." Dumbledore taps on your shoulder and you give him a guilty look, he nods and moves his head as of to say follow him inside.

"As it is-" Snape continues

"They are not." Dumbledore interrupts.

"Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall." Harry says looking excited he sees you; you send him a light nod.

"Headmaster, these boys have flouted the decree for the restriction of underage wizardry. As such-" Snape scowled.

"I'm well aware of our bylaws Severus, having written quite a few of them myself. However, as head of Gryffindor house it is up to professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action."  Dumbledore spoke softly yet deliberate.

"We'll go and get or stuff then." Ron sighs. You look at the boys concerned.

"What are you talking about Mr. Weasley?" McGonagall asked.

"You're going to expel us, aren't you?" Ron muttered sad.

"Not today Mr. Weasley. But I must impress on both of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be writing to your families tonight and you both will receive detention." McGonagall decided, as much as they were your friends that seemed like a light punishment. They could've revealed the entire wizarding world after all.

"Y/n, Severus, Minerva. My office." Dumbledore said. You nodded and followed him out, you look back and see harry pick up a note for Filch. When he rushes to put it in his pocket you read it. It's a Kwikspell letter. He's a squib. You shake away your thoughts and catch up worth the professors.

"What was it you wanted to see me about Headmaster?" You ask entering his office. Snape closes the door and McGonagall beside him.

"Your Visions. Have you had any more?" You hold your own hand tightly in thought at your Headmasters question.

"I wouldn't call them visions... but yes. A boy in what looks like his sixth year, spoke to me, told me we had a connection he couldn't control. It's really fuzzy still." You told them.

"Did he give you his name?" Dumbledore asks looking concerned.

"N-No sir." You lie. You don't know why you did, but something deep inside told you it'd be best to lie.

"Tell me right away if anything like this happens again." You nod.

"Yes sir." You take a deep breath.

"Is that all?" You ask.

"Yes. I'll have Severus escort you back to your dormitories."  The headmaster says calmly, almost absent mindedly.

You nod and follow Snape out. You stay silent for most of the way but then break the silence.

"Professor, you're very smart, one of the youngest professors in history in fact... Why'd you choose to stay here?" You ask looking at the man.

"Not is none of your concern." You nod silently. You reach the Slytherin common room.

"Thank you Sev- professor Snape." You correct scurrying off to your room. You get changed out of your robes and lie down drifting off asleep.

"Y/n?" You heard the familiar voice.

"Tom?" You say turning around to face him in the darkness.

"You lied... Covering up my name." You nodded confirming.

"Yeah. I don't really know why..." You tell him.

"Maybe it's our connection, your friendship or bond... But who knows when we'll truly find out? Maybe our connection is stronger than I thought." He says stepping forward. You look him, he's fairly tall. You were unsure but couldn't help but feel intrigued by his existence in this place... what it had to do with you exactly.

"What do you mean?" You ask deep in thought. What is this connection?

"You should ask your parents about your linage truly... they've never told you much about your family, have they?" Tom asks.

"No, just we're purebloods who come from a strong line of purebloods." You answer taking a step closer, you tilt you head confused to why he looks somewhat transparent.

"I suggest you ask them.... Looks like it's time to wake up." Tom smirks.

"It's been but a minute." You say shocked.

"Time works differently in here." He tells you.

"Where is here?" You ask.

"Your head, clearly." Tom says before you are waking up to Stormcatcher squawking. You wave to her and she stops. So it's as if it were a dream?

"Finally. She's been doing that for almost seven minutes." Bay says pulling you from your thoughts.

"Oh, sorry." You say dazed.

"No, problem get dressed, we're gonna be late otherwise." You not curtly and proceed to et ready for the day.

You rush off to the greenhouse for your first class. You see none other than Hermione Granger standing parallel from you and to your left Ron and Harry.

"Good morning everyone." Ms. Sprout says tapping her wand on a empty pot.

"Good Morning." We all answer.

"Welcome to greenhouse 3 second years. Now, gather around everyone. We're going to repot Mandrake's. Now who here can ell me the properties of the mandrake root?" Hermione's hand shot up and you smiled at her. Draco rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Yes, Miss Granger."  Ms. Sprout called.

"Mandrake, or Mandragora is used to attend those who've been petrified to their original state." Hermione looks to the professor before continuing who nods in approval.

"It's also quite dangerous, the mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone to anyone who hears it." Hermione finishes.

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor." The professor says. You notice her proud gaze.

"Now, as our mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given you each a pair of earmuffs, for auditory protection. So, could you please put them on, right away." She instructs.

"Alright, quickly, flaps tight down and watch me closely. You grasp your mandrake firmly, pull it straight up out of the pot. Place in another pot and sprinkle a little soil to keep him here." As she finishes Neville faints. Draco smirks. You notice he has his earmuffs on. Poor boy, it's always him.

"Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." Ms. Sprout says.

"No ma'am, he's just fainted." You nod confirming.

"Yes, well just leave him there. Off we go. Stir around, grasp your mandrake and pull it up." You do as your told with success. You quickly put it in the second pot and over it with soil. You look over and see Draco putting his finger in its mouth, it closes is mouth and you chuckle at the boy's predicament as he pulls his finger out giving the plant a dirty look.

As you leave the class with the trio, you take off your earmuffs and can hear a slight ringing in your ears as you all head of to eat.