Chapter eight - Zoey

(Picture of what Zoey looks like above, also I love the song so I just added it in.)

Y/n pov

You wake up and notice you're the first one awake you dress casually for the weekend and sneak out of your room to the Common room. You walk out and see no one. You decided you needed a break and went to the Astronomy tower. You go up the last steps and see Draco standing there looking out all alone.

"Hey...?" You say, seeing if he'd get mad. He wasn't tense so you stepped forward.

"You know what they're calling you right?" He asked stopping you in your tracks.

"What?" You ask confused.

"People may think you're the heir, just rumors I know but I worry that some of the rumors will become serious." Draco says not looking back at you still.

"Draco, I don't care about that right now. What I wanted to say was sorry. For how I acted the other day. It was cruel." You apologize walking up beside him.

"Y/n... don't tell anyone I'm saying this, but I understand why. Hermione is your friend, even if I'll never understand why. You stand up for people. I doubt that's going to change." You smiled at that and nudged Draco making him face you.

"But hey, Draco I made a promise if you remember... I'll always be there for you. I intend to keep the promise. Even if I don't agree with you. You know I'm there for you, even if I'm mad at you. I trust you know that." You review your promise and he smiles lightly.

"Y/n, thank you. I guess you know what that it means to me. Not that I need help. But an open offer is always good." Draco says fixing his shirt.

"Yeah. I know that feeling. Also, congrats on the team. I know you had to work for that." You tell him, you're proud of him.

"I-" Draco starts but you cut him off.

"Don't say it was all-natural talent, because honestly, you had to work in tryouts to get in. I honour you for that. Don't shun your hard work." You tell him knowing he'd be too high and mighty to say it wasn't easy.

"I was going to say thank you." Draco says with a chuckle. You look at him in awe. You nodded.

"Thank you too. Without you inviting me to your house for the holidays we wouldn't be as close friends." You told him.

"My father invited you." He corrected.

"You wanted me to go. If you didn't say anything I probably would've just stayed at Hogwarts with Harry and Ron." You told the boy. He just nodded as you looked at the view.

You and Draco stand in a comfortable silence. You didn't even notice that Professors McGonagall and Snape had heard your conversation from the bottom of the stairway. They left without a sound.

You eventually leave Draco to his thoughts saying you had other things to do.

You left and when walking the halls you see this girl clearly a first year getting picked on by a few Gryffindor's and Ravenclaws. All of them first years.

"What's going on?" You ask in a whisper to her; she looks up at you.

"They're saying that I'm going to become evil and I'm no better than he-that-shouldn't-be-named..." You notice she's a Slytherin. Bastards.

"I'll take care of this, stand behind me." You tell her, she nods and you look at the three students.

"Hey, you! You three should be ashamed. How dare you judge her without even knowing her! Slytherin house is a house I'm proud to be a part of and we have great resourceful, clever, determined leaders. I don't care who you are you are not aloud to ignore that. You see her house and tease her for it. Her house is amazing and calling her evil!? Who's really evil in this situation?" You say standing taller than them helped intimidate them.

"Isn't she the heir of Slytherin?" You hear the students whisper.

"And another thing! You pissed me off! I'm not the heir of Slytherin and nor will I ever be. Blood status has no place in the wizarding world." You growled making them clearly nervous.

You stand tall and proud.

"Now, you'll all apologize. Now." You demand Narrowing your eyes. They nod scared.

"Sorry." You hear them say staggered. You now give them a quick flick of your head telling them to run off. They scurry off scared and you turn around to see the first-year girl staring at you with awe.

"My names Y/n L/n by the way. We're both in the same house so remember the name if you ever need help with them again." You tell her offering your hand.

"My names Zoey... I'm a Half blood." She says taking it. She seems greatful but nervous.

"Pleasure to meet you Zoey, I want you to know a few things. Not all other people from other houses are like that. I have friends in Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryffindor, and they're all amazing. Also, Slytherin is a house of proud, determined, cunning and ambitious leaders. Never feel bad for being called a Slytherin." You told her hoping she'd take this information and listen. You didn't even notice that Draco, Snape, McGonagall, Hermione, The Weasley twins and Peter had witnessed you standing up for the girl. They all were scattered about but there was no doubt that they saw it. You had no clue as they went along their business.

"Thank you. Can you talk with me for a little?" She requests, you nod and sit on a bench with her.

"What year are you?" She asks.

"Second year." You tell her.

"Why'd you help me?" She ponders.

"Because no one deserves to be wrongfully accused." You explain.

"Thank you." She says looking up at you like some sort of hero.

"Don't worry about it. I would do the same for any student." You tell her.

"So, what are you most excited for?" You ask her changing subjects.

"Transfiguration." She says gleefully.

"Whys that?" You questioned.

"I'm a Metamorphmagus." She reveals.

"No way. That's so cool and so rare." You awed.

"Really? Most people say its weird." She laughed.

"No, never." You promised.

"I'm training to be an animagus." You tell her.

"Wow." She says wide eyed.

"Yeah, I find it interesting as an art." You explained

"Heh, You're really kind." Zoey says out of the blue.

"Thank you. But I'll always stand up for those who need it." You informed her. "Never be ashamed for being you."

"Thank you again." She says.

"No problem, Zoey. I hope to become better friends with you throughout our time here." You tell her.

"I hope so too." She mutters.

"I have to go to my friends. I need to talk to them." You say sadly.

"Okay. Hope to see ya around." She says piping up.

"See ya around." You tell her as you leave to the Slytherin dormitories.

(Hopefully I can pass exams and stuff I feel like I'm drowning in school work)