Chapter 27

to attempted the destruction of our passions is the height of folly. what a noble aim is that of the zealot who tortures himself like a madman in order to desire nothing, love nothing, feel nothing, and who, of he succeeded, end up a complete monster

denis diderot

Chapter Twenty-Seven:

The clouds puffed together in the greying sky. Everyone was in their homes, being afraid or celebrating. The vampires, who had pledged their loyalties to Leader Paige, had bottles of human blood and a couple of pass out humans in the corner. It has been the most excitement their kind had had since hunters started killing their ancestors.

Paige smiled down at her hands, feeling something happening with her Omega. She's home. Paige choked on her laughter, spitting up blood. My human body may not be enough to survive this taste.

She stood up, closing her eyes as she moved through the bonds in her head. She felt the presence of Gem Lupin, and a couple connected to her, who haven't meet Paige. She growled softly, before plummeting into Gem's mind.

The world was different. The colors brighter and the sounds happier. Paige paid no attention, but her eyes did caught family photos. I guess all families hang their little frames on the wall.

Gem suddenly turned to look at an older man, and Paige knew it was an Alpha, Gem's father. He didn't move near her, and Paige wondered if he could sense her. I don't think he's strong enough the sense me. He's a mutt after all.

"This is unacceptable," the old Alpha yelled. "You can't possible accept him, a Kill!"

He was grabbed by the arm by a woman's hand. He made no move to pull it off, but Paige could see the mate bond even if she was blind. Wolves and their mates. It's definitely going to be a downside. The Moon Goddess should have let them become extinct.

"Damion," the woman whispered, throwing her hand at his chest. "Let her speak. She's an adult now, and knows her mate better than anyone else."

The world bounced up and down. Use your words. This view is terrible.

"Thanks," Gem smiled. She pulled Hunter forward, looking down at the lock hands. Paige rage started to burn. She knew her brother, and he changed.

The Alpha killer was failing for the Alpha's daughter. Paige cursed, banging her hands. She ignore how the blood flowed down her wrist. Hunter Kill needs a wake up call.

She backed away from Gem's mind, glaring at anything in her eyesight. She walked deeper into the party, the vampires staring at her in awe. She ignored them, using her nose to find the vampire sisters.

"Leader Paige," Susan ran next to her, happy to be an assistant. "What can I do for you?"

"We need to leave. Your sister will stay her and create more vampires. Get as much vampires and wolves possible and we attack a pack that has crossed me," Paige spat out, waking around the corner.

Susan's eye brows came together as she thought. "Who are we attacking?"

Paige growled, "Anyone who gets in my way."

Susan nodded her head, following Paige. "There will be three hundred vampires ready, and thirteen wolves coming along. I'll tell Duran her job, and may I mention something?"

Paige nodded her head, not paying attention. "Duran has been asked to be in charge of this place."

Paige laughed, "Perfect."

Susan nodded, frowning. "Leader Paige, she didn't take the job."

Paige stopped, turning around and grabbing Susan by the neck. "What. Did. You. Say?" She forced the words out as her anger grew.

"I'm sorry," Susan cried, her hands gripping Paige. She didn't dare show her fangs at the Alpha of all Alphas and Leader of all Leaders. She just had tears going down her face, and Paige shoved the memories down into her beast.

"Kill everyone who is not loyal and who refuse to follow under my name," Paige snarled, letting Susan drop. "Make sure it's a fantastic show, Susan. Wouldn't want to disappoint me like your sister?"

Susan whimpered before running away.

Paige continue as nothing happened. She stared down at her human hands. The only dirty humanity I have left. How beautiful you look on a dark monster?

She felt a small ripple on her leg. An arrow, covered in wolfsbane, stuck into her calf. She chucked at the silly idea.

"Wolfsbane doesn't hurt me anymore. Neither does silver, Duran."

Duran gasped, staring down at Paige Kill. She was hiding in the trees, hoping she wouldn't be notice. How can a wolf not be weak to wolfsbane and silver?

Her thoughts bounced around in Paige's head. Chuckling, she spoke, "I'm not a wolf, Duran. I'm a monster." Her brown eyes caught the movement in the trees again. "You should know, you are not an expert in hiding."

Duran rubbed her eyes, jumping down to the ground. There was no point in running. Paige could quickly catch her. Not to mention, everyone was following her blindly.

"You refuse the request."

Duran nodded. "I'm never going to build you a vampire army, not in a million years."

Paige hummed, walking around the vampire before her. The first one ever to not bow down to her. She was a tricky one, but are you really worth it?

"Duran," she laughed, "I really don't think you will be able to live that long."

Duran stepped back when Paige stood right in front of her. The smirk Paige had on her face sent chills down her back.

"It's sad, really," Paige whispered. "Your sister will kill you in the morning. Maybe you should have cared enough to live with her, to live for her."

Duran was out cold when Paige slammed her bloodied fist at her head. Duran's body fell the ground, and Paige only shook her head.

"I won't have a stupid vampire stop me from cleaning this Earth." Paige reached down to her calf, pulling the arrow out. She rolled her eyes, moving Duran's passed out self to a secure location till tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Happy New Years! Hope you all are ready for 2020!

Drop the mic,

GREEN CROW