Chapter 58

hiding from the monsters only made them stronger

c.l wilson

Chapter Fifty-Eight:

Rain strike against the wall of the temple, similar to what the monster was doing with Paige's horrifying body.

Screams filled the halls, overdosing the panic that was already there. Kids were pushed further back, as if the monster would stop after going through all the adults.

Hunter just stood there, feeling the panic in his head flood his thoughts. He heard the banging of walls echo through the halls. Some flicker of hope kept him standing. He stared, almost thinking how the future would contain with them all surviving and Paige being Paige again. She had to be in there. Come on Paige.

Celeste walked around through the crowd of people, trying to calm those who would listen. In the end, she gave up, looking for someone to calm herself: Susan. Where is that bloodied vampire?

Except Susan wasn't in the crowd, but out in the place where Paige attacked her, her eyes closing softly. If the monster didn't kill her, the blood lost would. Somebody.

Sage stood next to Charlie and her father, speaking her concern and thoughts. She was never one to stay quiet in a tough situation, but with no solution, she rambled. Her father only smiled softly at her as he beloved tried to calm her down, rubbing her shoulders, kissing her checks, fixing her hair. My own baby sister is going to kill us.

Gem growled over the crowed, trying to silence them. The others Alphas and Leaders were doing the same, but the majority of these wolves had just become rogues who wanted a new pack. Listen! Listen!

Their growls fell to silent ears.

Suddenly, the banging on the walls stopped. Outside, Paige's senses told her something was coming. Turning to look, she forgot about the wolves and vampires in the temple, and she slowly trotted towards the source. The smell of death was the only thing she could smell as she got closer near the sounds of marching footsteps.

Hunters? The monster gurgled as she laughed. Fighting along these beasts? Such a shame a society would fall.

"Paige Kill," a voice boomed across the land, with the same force as the supernatural. "Under the Council of Hunters, under oath, you are arrested for treason against your fellow hunters and morals."

The monster rolled her eyes, and most hunter caught the action, raising their weapons. They all were matching black suits, each having protection gear towards even the wildest and dangerous creatures in the planet.

For the first time in years, their suits will fail. The monster's claws were too sharp, her teeth to strong.

The monster pushed her front paws to the ground, pulling her strength to push herself onto her hind legs. She stood to her full height, towering over the tallest of humans.

"Fire!" Their weapons did do damage to her, but the hunters didn't worry it show any signs of nervousness. Round after round, hit her as she walked on her two back feet. Her body healed with the bullets in the inside of her body, bringing an ache to the human thoughts in her head.

The distance coded in them painfully slow, and soon Paige was directly in front of them, taking five lives with a single hand in a second. They tried to flee, gaining a safe distance, but some of them weren't lucky.

A special bullet came out of no where, hitting Paige in the shoulder. She howled in pain, almost collapsing. Her roar brought out the supernatural hiding in the temple, and surrounding her on the holy ground.

Another shot went off, missing Paige's head by inches. Fuck! I fucking hate the rain.

Paige quickly took off, killing anything in her way. She knocked down trees, stomped on bushes, crushed wolves, struck vampires.

Slowly, as Paige ran deeper into the woods, the reminders of the fight came together, sheltering under the Moon Goddess.

"Hunter," a hunter proclaimed, handing him a light blue knife. "You are the best at throwing."

Does he not realize that his asking me to kill my sister?

Gem pulled him away, feeling his anger and pain. "It's ok." She leaned her head on his chest, breathing in his scent. "Even if I'm right, about Paige being inside, still alive, she has too many wounds and bullets inside of her."

Hunter only shook his head, tears finally coming down his eyes. He sobbed, "I can't. I promised. I fucking promised."

Sage slowly came towards them, her face red from crying. "I'll... I'll do it, Hunter," she whispered, her word breaking as she spoke. Each stepped she took broke her heart, leaving a large hole. "I... I can't... I can't let you... you kill her."

Hunter turned to face her, shaking his head. "As much you are family, Sage, it's not your duty to protect her. It's mine, and I have to face the consequences."

Hunter stormed off, alone and in the direction of Paige. Nobody else moved after Paige ran, for none of them had the skills of a Kill.

Gem gave Sage a hug, squeezing her tight. "I'll watch him." She left after her mate, running to catch up before he got to far.

Gem watched as Hunter twirled the blade around his hand, and before he could comment her stalking, Gem took it from him, racing ahead. This is will break you, Hunter.

"Gem!"

It was easier to follow Paige — just follow the smell of death, the sight of destruction.

When Gem entered the clearing, she saw Paige leaning against the tree, her face twisted agony, and her eyes having a hint of color behind the darkness.

How to Make a Monster?| (#1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें