Chapter 36

once a upon a time, there was a happy little girl...
then she grew up, and turned into a monster

Chapter Thirty-Six:

Paige stood out, surprisingly warm for the harsh, cold, evil weather. She stood there, waiting for the wolves chasing Gem to come back. She was well aware non of them would catch her, but that didn't stop her from growing angry.

That's seems to be the only emotion she feels. She doesn't feel the depression of the death of her parents, or even herself. She doesn't regret leaving her brother, Hunter, and her best friend, Sage.

She could already hear them, miles away from her. She could feel the failure running in her head, and she had a perfect punishment.

"Susan!" She called out, seeing the woman stand in the forest, staring at a small, helpless rabbit. The woman turned her head, tears lightly falling down. "Come here."

Susan started walking her way, wondering if she knew she sat next to Celeste. Her mind drifted to the little she-wolf, wondering if she was ok. She hated herself that she couldn't help her heal; they would both be dead.

"I have a brillant idea," Paige started, smiling. "I think it would help these pups a lot."

Susan nodded her head, trying to pay attention. "May I ask what it is?"

Paige laughed, shaking her head. "It's a surprise. Just tell everyone to meet me at the training grounds. If not, I will skin you alive."

Susan nodded her head, already going to work.

Paige watched her walk away, snarling at her back. It's really sad how weak these beast are. How easily they go from one side to another.

"Susan!" She called out, smirking. "Be careful who you hang around with."

Susan's eyes grew wide, and she gave a fearful nod before leaving. She didn't stop till she was around the corner of the house.

Paige turned, facing the incoming group. They were all tired, not stopping for days.

One patted up towards her, shifting back into a naked human. Paige stared at his eyes, waiting for an answer.

"Alpha Paige," he mumbled, looking down at the ground. Never look at an Alpha's eyes. "She got away."

He quickly bowed, hoping that his submission could save him. The other's quickly followed, lowering themselves to the ground.

"Go to the training grounds," Paige stated to crackle as they all sprinted away.

A cranky Alpha is never a good thing.

She walked after them, seeing a couple of men and women run in front of her to get to the place in time. She raised her eyebrow as she walked into the center, clearly enjoying the fear.

"Welcome to the first training session!" She yelled. Nobody cheered. Nobody made a sound. Everyone was in fear, living in a nightmare. They all knew someone was going to die, and by the hands of Paige Kill, Alpha Paige, or better yet, Alpha Kill.

"Not very excited are we," she chucked. "Bring the group that failed to bring back Gem Lupin."

They group slowly walked through the rest, legs weak, chests breathing heavily, arms numbed. None of them would be able to fight back.

"Shift, puppies."

They all obeyed, even if shifting was slightly sore. They all waited, hating how their wolves tail was tucked in. Paige pointed at some vampires to join, loving the two species mixing together.

"Fight to the death. The winner will be forgiven."

None of them moved, in shock of the idea. Killing each other was killing family. These wolves and vampires have been around their own kind for their whole lives. Bonds were created and made. They wouldn't and couldn't kill their family. They refused to.

Paige growled, shaking her head. "Never making it easy, huh?"

Suddenly, a wolf cried out, falling left to right as they attempted to keep their balance. The claws on Paige's hand swept down, cutting off the tucked in tail of the closest wolf.

Without the wolves tail, the wolf couldn't balance. That wolf was doomed in the fight.

Blood tripped out. The tail bone sticking out of the wolves body. Every single person felt that pain and got the message.

Either I will kill you, slowly and painfully, or you do it, whatever way you want.

They stared at each other, saying good bye to the ones they will fight and the ones they love. People in the crowd started to cry, but made no move to stop.

They needed to live, to live for the ones they lost, the ones who were dying.

A vampire moved first, killing the bleeding out wolf. The blood sucker couldn't watch the poor thing in pain, trying to balance itself on its four paws.

For the first time in centuries, every single wolf there gained respect for the other kind. They were different, but they had he same problem: Paige Kill, their Alpha, their Leader.

Blood dropped into the ground with each injury. It wasn't like any training anybody has seen or been in.

Paige Kill was destroying the army she was creating, weakening her forced for the battles that laid ahead of her. She didn't care. She didn't need worthless pups and fanglings. All she needed was dominance, and that was where she was heading.

The bodies clashed together, hoping to please Paige, who watch with a bored expression. There should be more blood, much more.