Chapter 16

the monsters that rose from the dead, they are nothing compared to the ones we carry in our hearts

max brooks

Chapter Sixteen:

It was perfect, the sun slightly shinning down, the wind peacefully flowing in and out, the clouds setting over the battlefield, almost like some god or gods was watching the blood spill into the ground.

The ground was filled with bodies, naked. The scars on their bodies highlighting the time and way of death, and every single one was horrible. Some chest still moved. Their breathing hardening against the air, chocking on their own blood.

Gem whimpered as she caught sight of them. Her wolf howling at the Moon Goddess, wondering if she could ever forgive her. She was forced, an omega obeying a corrupted Alpha.

Sage lifted her knifes into the air, screaming, "Victory is ours!"

Hunter clapped, patting hunters on the back as he searched for his younger sister and mate. Still getting use to that.

The monster was over a body. Her eyes gleaming as the darkness reflected the light away from her vision. She had a hand on the body's chest, the blood curling at her fingertips. Her mouth became sore as an unique set of fangs pushed through.

These are sharper, longer, and off. Paige lowered herself as she dragged her tongue across the end. She felt her tongue bleed. These fangs are not for killing. They are for drinking.

The eyes of the dead watch her as she brought her lips closer to the nape of the naked neck. The smell of blood made herself thirst and desperate for the taste. She was never a fan of blood. Before Alaska, Paige always hated vampires. Something about drinking blood was disgusting to her, and she never understood. She understood wolves hunting mice and rabbits, but leaving the body to rot something she couldn't accept.

But now I understand why.

The body twitched as her teeth sank. Blood rose, nipping at her taste buds. Her legs on either side, and her chest pressed to the skin.

It's fucking good, huh? Imagine having every single creature bow to you, take blood from anything.

Paige nodded her head, her eyes training on the neck. The blood had an after taste, the kind that made you want seconds, and she planned to get them.

"Alpha, everyone is heading back." Gem winced at the sight. She felt as she failed to protect her own kind, and if she couldn't protect her own kind how am I supposed to protect my mate from his own sister? "Please, Alpha. We need to go."

Paige growled, her head hurting. She looked up, staring at the woman. Her mouth was dripping with blood, similar to Gem's eyes a while ago.

Punish her, Human. An omega does not command an Alpha.

"Lick the body clean."

Gem stubbles back, her wolf already obeying. She lowered her body, her eyes tearing up as she whined. "Alpha, please. Don't make me."

Paige only snarled the command again, making Gem stick her tongue out the the chest. Blood falling from Paige's mouth dripped onto the nipples.

Gem's tongue flicked across her skin, and whimpered at the burning sensation in her chest. Please, Hunter. Don't feel the fire.

"Again. Faster. Harder."

Gem almost gaged as the blood hit her tongue, her taste buds wanting to throw up. The taste of her own kind in her mouth tainted her soul. She lowered herself again, drooling out as much blood as she could.

"Pa... Alpha," Gem whispered, "it hurts. I'm burning."

Paige just started at her, confusion laced her facia features. How can blood burn you?

"Are you lying to me?" Paige kneeled down, her eyes staring at Gem's. "Because if you are, I will ruin you."

"It's the mate bond," Gem gasped, her hands holding her gut. The gut that held the blood of her brothers and sisters. "Your brother," she paused, looking up, "may feel the pain too."

There's a lot about this mate bond I don't know about. Paige stood up, grabbing Gem by her hair. She lifted her to the sky, her feet dangling off the ground. She chuckled, "Nothing can get in between mates?"

Fear flashed through Gem's eyes, and Paige realized how much she loved seeing that emotion in other people, in other wolves, in other beings.

"Gem, Gem, Gem, how you are going to help me make another great discovery." Paige laughed, throwing the she wolf to he ground. She marched towards where a large group of hunters were coming together. Gem slowly trotting behind her. Blood dripping down her lips, shame filling her stomach, and her wolf slowly becoming a camp fire.

"Alpha, please don't hurt him," Gem pleaded, her eyes filling with tears. Her wolf tried to punch through the dominance Paige controlled, but she had no power, and I might never will again.

Paige snarled, "I would never harm my brother, but someone like you could." Gem whimpered as she saw her mate. He stood looking over the crowd as he spoke to hunters here and there. "When you do something unfaithful, your body burns."

Gem nodded. Her eyes looking at the ground. I would never betray Hunter.

"Gem, you betrayed your own kind," Paige chuckled, turning around. "Bitches like you really don't have any hope in this war. Welcome to hell, Gem. It's your mutt's home now."

Gem looked up, its really is all over.