Chapter 23

it would not take a monster to destroy a monster - but light, light to drive out the darkness

sarah j. maas

Chapter Twenty-Three:

The sun was still shinning when Paige opened the door to Susan's sister's office. The twin quickly stood up, flatting the red, short, loose dress she was wearing.

"Hi, how may I help you?" She asked, her hands quick to play with her hair. Paige could easily get confused between Susan and Duran. They were identical twins.

Paige looked at her, really looked at her. She waited for this vampire to make a move.

"Hello?" She waved her hands, trying to gain Paige's attention.

Paige closed the door behind her, making Duran jump a bit. Her eyes quickly were filled with confusion at Paige walking towards her. Then she slowly started to smell the scent of the world's first and only hybrid.

"You must be Paige Kill."

"In the flesh," Paige muttered. Her legs hitting the desk Duran was standing behind. "Duran, your sister-"

"She talked to you about me?" The vampire quickly asked, her hands covering her mouth. "She never talks to me, or about me. I really missed her you know."

What is with these sister? I don't fucking care about their life stories. Paige rolled her eyes, trying to stop herself from killing this very talkative women.

"Then the bond between the Coven broke. She found a new Leader," Duran cried. "I felt like I lost my sister, again."

"You don't have to." Paige smiled, putting a gentle hand on the women's shoulder. "Your sister chose me to be her Leader. You can easily join."

"You? Aren't you in here for being crazy?" Duran asked, titling her head. Paige rolled her eyes before she jumped, slamming Duran to the wall.

Her face was brought closer to Duran's face, and scent grew from between her legs. Paige snorted, "Why is it that you get wet when I'm face to face, but your sister doesn't?"

Duran coward, shrugging her shoulders. "Vampires are sexually frustrated, and every vampire is more or less. Really depends on the vampire, the blood rank, when they last drank, and stuff."

Paige shook her head. "That's not the answer I want."

"Susan has either a weaker vampire than me or more control over her's."

Paige leaned in, her lips brushing against Duran's ear. "Well, I know I'm not a lesbian."

Duran quickly looked down. She then looked up, realizing she looked down Paige's shirt.

"Are you a lesbian?"

Duran shook her head, "No."

Paige pressed her body closer. Her eyes glowing.

"I have had sex with my prey and many of them have been women."

Paige laughed, "After you had sex with them, what can a vampire do?"

Duran looked uncomfortable, but answered. Her throat was sore. Please let go of me. "Usually we kill, but some vampires choose humans as mates and they could turn them."

"Describe the process of turning them." Paige asked, moving her leg between Duran's, her knee resting in an unhappy position for the vampire.

"Well," Duran whispered, feeling quiet ashamed with her kind. "You need to symbolize  them. All you have to bite them do you will turn them, and if you want to mate with them for life, then you give them a matting bite. Simple really."

Paige nodded her head, "What exactly does the symbolizing them do?"

"You conquer them."

Paige licked her lips, being her her face up to Duran's. This is getting funnier by the second. "Let's make a deal, Duran." Paige slowly brought her tongue out, licking Duran's nose. Duran's eyes widen with surprise, and she starts to struggle to escape. "You bow down to me, letting me be your Coven Leader, or I will conquer you."

Duran opened her mouth to snap back, but no words came from her throat. She tried again, but the words she wanted to speak wouldn't come out.

"You really are putting up a fight." Paige moved her mouth to her ear, pushing her knee and hips into her. She nibble on her ear lobe. "What is it going to be?"

"Miss Kill?" She whispered, reminding Paige of her twin sister. "Why... why do you need me?"

Paige laughed, loudly in her ear. "It's more of what I can give you. Do you love your sister?"

Duran nodded her head quickly, without even thinking. She got this job to work with her sister, a job she was ok with. "Yes, I want her to be happy."

"She joined, and I think she really is missing her sister." Duran nodded to Paige's words.

"I'll do it."

Paige stepped back, releasing the vampire from her grasp. "I want at least thirty newly turned vampires at my request by Sunday."

"It's Thursday, though, Leader." Duran cried.

Once the word Leader was spoken, like last time, a new bond formed within Paige. She felt a string attached Duran to her, exactly like it did with Susan.

Paige only smiled, "You better have a lot a stamina then, Duran." She walked out.

Paige pushed past people again. A feeling rested inside her head, and she was proud. I'm getting closer, so close. Once I have my vampires and wolves, it will be simple. The hunter society already bows down to me, wolves and vampires will too. Anyone in my path will die.

Paige's eyes caught on some workers talking to Susan, and then suddenly, she felt more bonds grow inside of her. Smiling, she walked away.

Author's Note:

Who is excited for Christmas? I know I am. I started to listen to Christmas music right after Thanksgiving dinner- don't judge me.

Anyways, here's chapter twenty-three. I basically have everything written out for this book, and I will publish as I edit it. I want to get majority of it right first time.

Also, I have a place holder for the sequel to HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER? called HOW TO KILL A LEGEND?

Additionally, I have a short story idea- which will remain mysterious till I want to reveal it. After re-reading this chapter, I may even have another one, but now promises.

See a mistake. Please comment or DM. It will make me happy, you happy, and other readers because who wants to read work with bad grammar and spelling.

Improvement is what I'm going for, so help a girl out.

Like, comment, and share. I also do read for reads, comments for comments, and votes for votes. If there are any authors here, let's help each other out.

drop the mic,

GREEN CROW