Chapter 34

as a child, i never imagined that all the real monsters in the world would be human

mobeen hakeem

Chapter Thirty-Four:

I don't give a fucking damn about the weather,  Paige rolled her eyes as Celeste mentioned the lighting sticking the ground around the house. "Tell me about the Moon Goddess."

Celeste shook her head, confused. "How does a wolf not know about the Moon Goddess?"

Paige growled, making Celeste laugh and giggle at her. Paige stood up, grabbing the child by the arm. "You better answer the question, mutt!"

Celeste nodded her head. "She's the first werewolf to walk on Earth. There's a lot of theories on how, but nobody knows for sure."

Paige leaned forward, her elbows resting on her knees. "Celeste," Paige forced out, "I'm really trying to... just give me a reader's digest."

Celeste looked down, thinking. "The Moon Goddess is our creature. She gave us life, love, and somewhere to call home. She sent signs down for the Alpha's from long ago. She is the platform we follow." Celeste smiled, remembering her parens' stories. She frowned, "Alpha Paige? When am I going to see my parents? You said they went on trip."

Paige snarled, shaking her head. Fucking kids. "I told you they won't come back till I'm done."

Celeste nodded her head, tears filling her eyes. "Can I least visit them?"

Paige groaned, baring her teeth. "No, but if you want to see them again, I suggest you tell me what I need to know!"

"I'm not saying anything without my mom and dad," Celeste pouted, crossing her arms. She wouldn't mumble a word till her mom and dad were with her. She refused. I wonder if the puppy eyes will work on Alpha Paige.

Paige only bit her lip, smelling the dedication coming off the walls in waves. Pups and their terrible child worries.

"Celeste."

Celeste turned away from Paige, angering her even further.

Paige stood up, watching her prey like the monster she is.

"If you won't help me willing, Celeste, you will help me forcefully."

Celeste looks at her confused, but not even her Alpha speed could dodge Paige's clawed hand. She whined when Paige's nails dig into her skin, blood dripping from both of them.

The older woman quickly pulled Celeste out of her seat, moving fast enough down the hallways for Celeste's legs to get dragged and rug burn. Celeste cried and screamed, her eyes catching other's as the Alpha of the house dragged her away.

Someone! She screamed, but she wouldn't open her mouth. Tears ran down her eyes. She was terrified, and for the first time, she understood the fear in the name of Paige Kill, Alpha Kill.

"Celeste, what's your favorite way?" Paige laughed, her crackling echoing off the walls as they headed down the stairs. The door was broken and destroyed, but Paige didn't mind.

Celeste looked up wide eyed to where they were going. She started to struggle more than she though she could. Her burned legs kicking up, her teeth biting down on Paige's hands, her one hand leaving scars on Paige's face as she attempted to get free.

Paige didn't feel a thing, and she toss the girl in like a rag doll. Celeste's body hit the ground, rolling a couple times before coming to a stop. She jumped to her feet, growling.

"Is that a challenge?

Celeste shook her head, already seeing Paige's body shake with pain, mistaken for anger.

Paige's hand went across her face, making the rag doll fall back with cry. Why? Alphas are not supposed to act like this.

She was on the ground when a foot smashed into her chest. Cracking sounds of bones and Celeste bounced off the walls. Another smash, and more crackling happened multiple times. Blood came from Celeste's mouth, making her look like a new vampire getting her first blood.

Paige sent another kick, this one aimed to the face. She didn't stop, but Celeste begged the Moon Goddess. Moon Goddess? If you can hear me, please help. Help me.

She wasn't the first to pray to the Moon Goddess, and she wouldn't be the last. Celeste kept praying, even though the Goddess didn't make any signs.

"What a beautiful view?" Paige lowered herself to stare at Celeste. Her body was bloodied, her bones slowing healing, her eyes dimmed, her fingers and toes numbed.

Her finger started from Celeste's leg, dragging across her body, putting pressure on her sore spots. Paige giggled as she saw the poor wolf in pain.

"No wondered why you were name after the Goddess," Paige mumbled, turning her finger into a fists. Swiftly, she sent a punch.

Celeste didn't speak a word. She just stared up at the woman above her, wondering when anyone, anyone please, would come down and save her.

Paige glared, unhappy with the struggle Celeste was having. She stood up, growling.

Rubbing her temples, she turns to walk away. "Celeste, I'm going to ruin you. You are weak, and I can't have weak little girls around me." She sent a smirk before walking through the damaged doors.

Celeste groaned in pain, moving to stand up. She feel back down, shaking. Paige injured her everywhere, every weak spot, and now, Celeste had to wait till her body was held before she would search for her parents.

Another figure walked through the door, Celeste looked up in fear.

The woman walking was the first beast to help her. She slowed her movements, careful not to scare to poor child, the child everyone could getting abused and pushed around. Susan showed her face in the fragmented light.