Chapter 13

the scariest monsters are the ones that lurked within the souls...

edgar allan poe

Chapter Thirteen:

The sun rays burned the men and women skins as they marched. They walked on mushy, red soil as they headed towards the pack they were going to destroy.

Nobody was happy, frowns echoed across the hunters' faces. A wolf was among them, and along with that a wolf sympathizer.

Hunter walked along side of Paige. The two haven't had one exchange since the night in the woods. They screamed. They fought. They both loss.

Patience, Human. Blood will spill.

Sage kept a hard eye on the mutt, Gem. If that's actually her real name. We should just kill her.

Gem, who sensed something from her wolf, turned and mouth, "Don't even think about it," to Sage. The only thing stopping them from ripping each other throats out that very second was Hunter Kill.

"You humans don't understand the mate bond. It ties our soul together!"

Gem's screaming voice echoed in Sage's head, repeating over and over again. She hated how Hunter was forced to be united in spirits with a mutt.

If the Council ever found out who the two hunters — wolf and lover — were, they would be sentenced to death, both of them.

"Everything alright, Sage?" The woman looked up, happy Paige was standing in front of her. She gave her a good look over, recognizing small changes to her body. She looked more aggressive. The mindset of a hunter was finally fully setting in her.

"Everything's fine, Little Kill. Shouldn't you get some rest?"

That's the most idiotic question I have ever heard. "No. I'm camping out and keeping an eye on Gem."

"Need a buddy?" Sage stood up, a smirk on her lips. She needed something, some reason, to get closer to Gem. Maybe then, she could take herself up to do the deed to kill her.

"It's wouldn't be wise having both of us to be tired for the attack tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Sage whispered, a sly smile forming on her face. "I thought we were three days out."

"Hunter has never been good with maps. Plus, Gem could be giving away information." Paige growled, catching Sage off guard. "I hate how she heals so fast," Paige mumbled when she caught Gem staring at them, the scar on her neck healed.

She remembered everything. How her nails shifted into the tiniest claws. She felt the flesh tear, the struggle surface on Gem's body, the panic of fear clouding her eyes.

Her fangs showed. The scent of blood calling Sacrifice forward. The vampire wanted her first meal, but Purity held her back. She always did.

Gem's body twitched as she fell to the ground. She gagged, staring and reaching for Hunter.

He was quick to grab her. Sage went to pull him back, but a miracle happened: Hunter was quicker than Sage.

"She's acting like she did nothing wrong!" Sage flipped her the bird, making Gem back away. "Her whole race ruined this world."

"They won't be for very long, Sage." Paige smiled when she heard the creatures in her head smiled. The scent of pack wolves reaching her nose as the wind carried the tainted air down the mountain. They were close, and if she was lucky, Paige will get to have some fun.

You can't beat mates? You'll see. "Actually Sage. You watch Gem. I'm going to take an assassin group. Check out the area." Sage nodded her head, kissing Paige on the check. Something sparked inside her mind, and the monsters inside her head started to fade, only slightly till they bounced back.

Stay away from her. Believe me. If she stays close, she will give you a weakness.

I can't have any weaknesses. Paige watched as Sage walked away. Weakness leads to submission. Paige looked down at her hands. She'll just destroy this pack, and she'll show this world domination.

Show the world domination.

Make them coward when you arrive. No one is your friend.

Her eyes roamed around the area. She watched as Sage stood between Hunter and Gem. The two mates started to look heated. Sage must have recognized it and forced Gem to leave. Without the leadership position, Gem had no power but to obey.

Hunter made her weak. He will make you weak. Sage will make you weak.

Never let anyone get close to you, Human. Betrayal always follows.

Paige started to walk through the men and women. They clothes were skin tight. Many of them were peeling their sunburns themselves. They had to be skin tight or the eyes of predators will catch the pieces sticking out. They rather go through the pain of their sunburns than death.

"Paige had this wonderful idea," Sage smiled, wrapping her arms around the younger woman's shoulder.

Hunter looked like over at his sister, waiting for her to speak. Paige just glared at him, not wanting anything to do with her older brother, the brother that choose a mutt over her.

"Can I know what this plan is?" Hunter asked, giving his sister a small smile. God, she acting like she did when she got rescued. "Please?"

Paige sighed, "I was going to scout ahead." She threw her hands through her hair. When Hunter went to voice his opinion, Paige interrupted him before he could even began.

I don't need you to agree. "I need to be alone for a while, and it will be good for the group."

Author's Note:

Author's Note:

Welcome back How to Make a Monster?! If you guys have any quotes about monsters and stuff, you can totally send them to me. I have like forty quotes and I desperately need some more.

Does anyone what to guess what will happen next? What is Paige going to do?

See an error, message me or comment!

Remember to vote, share, and comment!

Drop the mic,

GREEN CROW