Chapter 20

the real monsters have always worn a human face

john mark green

Chapter Twenty:

The weather wasn't even important to Paige. She didn't care of it was rainy or sunny. She just wanted to be free and do what she planned.

She was placed in an all white room, away from all the other patients. She couldn't sleep, and she was restless.

Free me! Free me you fools!

She glared at the door, something deep inside of her shifting. She needed to get out, and she would do anything to be free.

Her sister, Sage, had went behind her back. Her brother, Hunter, left her behind, as if she was nothing but another mouth to feed. She didn't need them anymore. I just need equipment. I need people I can trust.

She stood up, her eyes glowing. She needed to take Hunter and Sage out of the picture, and she had already had something to do the job: her submission, her Omega.

"Paige Kill, you are allowed to have a phone call to your brother. Please put your hands in the slots by the door." A voice echoed threw the room, making Paige growl. The loud noise vibrated through her ear drums.

"Paige Kill, please put your hands on the required position."

Paige didn't move. She stayed standing. Her mind racing. Paige felt herself go under, and for a moment, Paige was gone.

"Paige Kill, this is your last chance."

Paige pushed her foot forward, almost hesitated about her thoughts. They're not even mine anymore. They're ours.

She put her hands in the slots, and suddenly, they were locked in. "Paige Kill, please remain calm. Four workers will come in to escort you to the video room."

The doors busted open, and three men and one women walked in. The women was the first to approach. "Miss Kill, I'm Susan. I will be in charge of taking care of you."

Vampire. Paige smiled, a weakness was spotted. She could escape, but she could use her for a while. Dominate her.

"Please remain calm as we take you to speak with your brother, Hunter Kill."

Paige walked forward, being pushed by Susan and another man, who didn't speak a word. She was surprised how many super natural creatures were working to kill themselves before they get up into ranks.

How easy would it be for us to be in the Council?

She slowly walks up the stairs, seeing other people in a white jumper walking past her. Tears laced their eyes after leaving from their family and friends. The one thought angered Paige, her fists became white and her nails went into her skin, drawing blood.

"Miss Kill, please open your fist." Paige didn't. She wanted to show the other men and women that the people outside these walls were not their friends.

Dominate them all.

"Miss Kill, if you do not do what I say I will force you." Susan quickly grabbed Paige's hands, forcing them open. Her eyes quickly narrowed at the sight of blood, holding her vampire back. She huffed, "Follow me, please."

The door was opened, and through the opening, a t.v. stood against the wall. Hunter's name was already on the screen. The only thing Paige had to do was touch the green phone button.

"Whenever you are ready, Miss Kill." Susan gave her a smile. The other men quickly left, standing near the door.

"I know what you are, Susan." Paige smiled, turning to face her.

Susan face turned into shock until it was wipe away. "I'm your doctor, Paige."

"You're a disgusting blood sucker," Paige hissed. "Don't try to hide it, Susan."

She sighed, "Ok." She quickly closed he door behind her, happy Paige was speaking softly. "What do I need to do to keep it a secret?"

Paige raised her eyebrow, confused. "That simple. I don't have to fight for dominance?"

The vampire shook her head. It was nature for a vampire to follow the strongest, just like wolves. The stronger the leader was, the stronger you would become. I want to be something more.

"I want blood, super natural blood. I want more free time, and somewhere to do my research." Paige smiled, her power spreading.

Susan nodded her head, "I can do that."

I like her. She's very honest and loyal.

Paige turned her back against her, staring at the screen. These beast don't know what's coming at them. She marched forward, her legs walking on the submission.

She slammed her hand down on the button, staring at the phone ringing. Her brother was nothing to her. Her sister was nothing to her. Her submission will be nothing but an item to use for her advantage.

"Paige!" Hunter smiled, "Are you alright?" This is exactly what she needs.

Sage gave a wave, biting her lip. Anything?

Gem stood in the background, playing with her feet. She hoped Paige would forget about her, just enough so Paige couldn't use her. I'm not here. I'm not here.

"Am I alright?" Paige spoke, her words holding a knife. "You sent me away, Hunter. Does family mean nothing to you? Am I just a person to throw away when you find someone better!"

Hunter frowned, quickly trying to explain to her. The doctors told him patients were usually like this. "Paige, I would never throw you out. You're my baby sister."

"I don't think I am." She flashed her eyes to the wolf in the background. "Punish them, Omega. Punish them!"

The call ended with Susan disconnecting the connection. "Sorry, Miss Kill. We wouldn't want word going around of what you are."

Paige snarled, grabbing her neck. Her eyes glowed, shinning against Susan's blue face. "What am I, Susan?"

"A hybrid." Susan whispered, lowering her face to the ground. "You are the strongest vampire I have ever meet."