Chapter 52

accursed creator! why did you form a monster so hideous that even you turned from me in disgust

marry wollstonecraft shelley

Chapter Fifty-Two:

The sun seemed as if it wanted to burn Paige's skin. The heated rays hit directly onto the living and dead figures in the road. Jo Jo's body laid there, her neck bent in an unusual position.

Paige walked towards the car, pulling the handle. She growled when the door didn't opened; it was locked. Her preferred hand closed in a tight fist; her knuckles turning white. She threw a punch, into to have the window be fine. Not even a scratch. She huffed, pulling her hair with her hands. Stupid hunters and their fucking cars.

She looked inside, seeing the keys sitting on the sit. I fucking hate you Jo Jo!

The monster's eyes caught a code pad under the handle. Quickly, she closed her eyes to swim deep into Paige's memory, but she found the pool to the empty of water. She pushed harder, her eyes shutting tight and her forehead getting wrinkles. She still didn't see anything.

You really thought this was going to be easy, the monster listened to Paige's cold, dead whisper. Think again!

Paige seemed to throw her fear to the ground, and grab onto the tiny rope of hope. It may have not been long enough to pull her from the depth of her mind, but it was strong enough to be a hassle for the monster.

Her fist was right around it, and she grabbed her body closer to the controls of her body. It could years to get there, but she was making some progress.

The monster rolled her eyes. Keep your pathetic victory, Paige. You may have one this battle, but I will win the war! She kicked the car, making it rolled to the ditch in the side of the road. Pleased with herself, the monster went back into the shadows, hoping to never smell or see Light Moon again. However, she was displeased with not getting her hands on Dark Moon.

The woods were dark; something the monster liked. She pushed through the woods, deciding to pay her brother and his new family a visit.

Leave them be.

The monster chuckled, "Paige, you can't control me."

Paige pulled harder on the rope, making herself climb faster. Her arms sore, her legs tired, her mind doomed. I can't let you do this!

"You don't let me do anything, Paige. You have no say in the matter."

The monster cut the rope, leaving Paige in a new place on her mind, a stronger place. Paige was slowly climbing back to the surface, and soon her body would be her own. The only question is will she be able get her body back before the monster ruins everything.

The monster ran through the woods; the mountain she called home slowly getting bigger. She snorted at the warmth; it brought an unpleasant feeling to her bones. She shook her head, throwing the feeling to the side. She wasn't a mortal. She was immortal, a being with power and life to rule forever.

She slowly came to the spot she paused a couple of days ago. She took a deep breath, feeling someone was watching her.

There was no one watching her; nobody was there. Must be the Moon Goddess.

"Stay down there, Paige." The monster rolled her eyes. "Just enjoy the show."

She walked closer; her feet pushed into the ground, destroying the life under her foot. She was ment for death and war, bring pain and loss to those who were strong. The weak would cling to her becoming men and women who would bow down to her for the rest of their lives.

She was an Alpha, Covern Leader- no, I'm a Goddess, a Queen. Her power on Earth would be forever.

Her ears were the first to pick up the sounds of wolves and vampire alike. She could hear their worries and fears, their happiness and safety, the warriors and patrollers, the mothers and fathers, the children and teenagers. She could hear everything.

Her nose was next. She took a large sniff, smelling the delicious blood bearing in their veins and hearts, smelling the scents flown into the wind — she even smelt Hunter Kill's scent change. He was a wolf — an artificial wolf like me.

Her eye caught wolves pacing along to boarders. She remember seeing a scene like this before. The scene before she massacre her first pack with Hunter and Sage by her side. A part of the monster even missed working with them; although, Gem was a pain in the ass for her. The monster shook her head. Paige's emotions were getting to me.

Her eyes snapped when she saw Susan walking alone, her eyes narrowed at the ground. The monster smirked, creeping towards the vampire. The patrollers soon went to the next part, accidentally leaving them all alone.

I bet you can't beat her in a fair fight. The monster growled lowly at Paige's words, slowly falling for the human's bait.

"Susan, long time no see."

Susan snapped her head towards the source of the voice; her eyes widen at the sight. She walked her back into the tree behind her. Her confusion turned to fear being turning into rage.

"You killed my sister, you bitch." She bared her fangs, her arms widening her body stance, her muscles started to tense. She ready herself to fight. Susan had it all planned out in her mind. How she'll burn her skin, cut her eyes out, destroyed her body and mind. Paige doesn't deserve to live.