39

Eli walked me to my first hour where I was met by D. I hadn't realized she was in my first hour, but i was grateful to see a familiar face. There wasn't much time to talk with the lecture today, but she did find a way to continuously tease me about Eli and Kam. I told her that Eli and I had found common ground with both of them- just friends.

She didn't believe it for half a second. She didn't miss my new oversized jacket either.

Whatever D. Whatever.

After class we were met by Eli and Jake at the door.

"How was it?" Jake asked as he looked past me into our history classroom.

"Awful. I hate history," I informed him.

"It wasn't that bad," D laughed.

"It was, and it didn't help that i had to pee that entire lecture," I made a face like i was in pain.

"Very lady like." Eli commented quietly as everyone else laughed.

"Whatever. I'll catch you guys later, I gotta go," I turned to head to the bathroom. I glanced back to wave, and caught Eli giving D a strange look.

She turned to me, eyes wide and ran after me.

"I'll go with you!" she said. "I have to fix my hair anyways," she smiled at me and headed for the girls' door.

"Okay.." i looked at her suspiciously. "What was that all about?"

"What?" she didn't look at me as we walked to the bathrooms.

"That look Eli just gave you," I glared at her.

"I didn't even realize he gave me a look," she brushed it off. "Look at my hair!" she said as we entered the bathroom and she got a good look at herself.

I rolled my eyes and laughed while i walked into the stall.

"Did you even see mine?" i called to her.

"But you pull off that whole 'don't care' messy look," i could hear her rummaging through her purse. "I, on the other hand, look like a rat."

"Whatever," I said to her when i walked out. "I like it. What class do you have?" I quickly washed my hands and pulled her away from the mirror, so she wouldn't critic herself anymore.

"I have Trig. What do you have?" She glanced at me. She was in light wash jeans and a lose black vintage shirt with the Beatles on it. She had her blonde hair pulled into a messy bun and i loved it. The messier the better.

"I have an American Lit. You better go or you'll be late," I warned her as we made our way toward the fishbowl. Her class was in the opposite direction of the fishbowl. When I came in for my tour they specifically pointed out how far the math classes were from everything.

"Oh, it's fine," she waved me off. "Everyone is late to math," I watched her eyes scan the fishbowl. We both caught sight of Jake at the same time, talking to a group of guys. I watched for a minute, he seemed to be retelling the story of the fight last week with him and Hunter. It felt like years ago.

"Jake!" D called him.

"I have to go to class," i told her. "I'll catch you guys later," I laughed as Jake whipped around to her calling his name like a puppy. She nodded to him and his eyes narrowed before he came running over.

He came tumbling into me like a bulldozer.

I screeched as i fell back, but jake was still much bigger and stronger than me, he easily caught me in a big embrace before i could completely lose my balance.