38

Jonny woke me up and sent me to my room in the middle of the night where i peacefully slept all of sunday away.

Jonny even let me sleep through our morning run. What a SAINT.

I mean, he didn't really have a choice, his trainer called him in and he had to go to the gym at 4am so he didn't even get to run. His loss was my gain though. I slept until 1pm. 1 PM!!! I don't even know how. I hadn't slept that late since after prom last year. Looks like everything had finally caught up to me.

It was a blessing and a curse because i knew i wasn't going to sleep at all Sunday night. I was 100% correct.

Jonny got home around three and was impressed with my sleeping skills to say the least. He told me i was an absolute bum at least 40 times.

Mom got home around 5 and we ordered take out from a chinese kitchen in town. YUM. There is nothing, nothing, better than chinese take out on a Sunday afternoon with my family

Mom asked a lot of questions about the weekend and the party. I let Jonny answer most of them, like i said, i'm a terrible liar. No need to risk it tonight.

We left out all the gory details of me getting held for ransom and skipped straight to the part where we made friends.

I noticed Jonny deliberately left out any detail of Lea.

*cough cough. Okay. You're not that sneaky Jonny. I know. We all know.

After that we cleaned up and I headed up to my room. I finished some homework and then laid down to watch Riverdale while my mom showered and Jonny did whatever a 20 year old does in his room. Sleep probably ?

Preparing for this week gave me more of a jittery stomach than i imagined. Thinking about how I would be killed at the end of it if we didn't get Rock what he wanted was almost surreal.

No it was surreal. I didn't believe it.

I had made it through the last few days ignoring this with everything else going on, but today with nothing to do but fold laundry, it was terrifying.

I needed to do something- get ahold of someone and know we were going to fix this.

Just then as the panic started to surface, my phone buzzed.

Kam: Hey beautiful, I'm starving 😩 do you want to go grab a bite to eat?

"Who you texting?"

Jonny's deep voice made me jump from my seat on my bed which cause his hardy laugh to come out.

"Can you not do that?? I about peed myself!" i scolded him.

"Ew." He shook his head as he laughed at me, walking over to plop on my bed like he owned the place. "Who you texting?" he asked again as he made himself comfortable, ruining my perfectly placed pillows.

I sighed, "Kameron asked me to go get dinner with him."

"You already ate," Jonny said shortly.

"I know."

"So you're not going are you?" he asked. I wasn't facing him, he was sprawled out behind me, but i knew he was watching me.

"I don't know.. It might be fun," I thought it over. I did like Kameron, he was great, and he made all the troubles in the world seem far away. It could be exactly what i need right now.

"So could juggling knives, but you don't see me trying that," I laughed despite myself. "You're using him Rai. You know it."

I turned to face my brother. His long hair was pulled into a lose bun and his blue eyes were grey as they watched me. He looked tired and worn, in a way that was deeper than just from the training.