9

Eli opened the door to Lea, Levi, AND Kameron on my doorstep.

WHAT IS HAPPENING??? I have never had so many people at my house at one time IN MY LIFE. Why are they all here right now?? Why did they all decide to show up on the one day I decide not to get dressed or put any makeup on?? Ugh.

Eli looked at them without any emotion, like this was completely normal for them all to be at my house right now. Well actually, it wasn't. This wasn't normal at all!

NONE OF THIS WAS NORMAL.

Even with the distraction of my friends showing up, I couldn't get my mind off Eli, or the way he made me feel. Not even just the way he made me suddenly become a mime when I've always been the one who has something to say, or the way my body feels like a surge of electricity ready to shut down an entire city when he get close to me. But what he SAYS. His words were currently on repeat in my mind.

'I know you can, that's why I want to' CAN THIS BOY BE ANYMORE BODACIOUS!? That is the most attractive statement that has ever left a man's mouth. And he said it. TO ME.

"Looks like the gangs all here," he said sarcastically as he opened the door more to let them in pulling me back to reality.

All three shuffled in and greeted me. Levi gave me a welcoming side hug as he checked my stitches. Kameron was a little more dramatic.

"Where have you been all my life??" he picked me up as he hugged me. I watched Eli's eyes narrow as he watched, but he didn't say a word, just crossed his arms and leaned back against the wall.

"Whoa whoa whoa, take it easy! This girl may have brain damage, remember?" Jake came to the entry way from the kitchen and threw an arm over my shoulders as Kam stepped back.

"Oh my gosh, I almost forgot!" he took my face in his palms and to inspect my stitches again. After deciding that they still looked okay he let go and stepped back. "You did a dang good job, Eli."

"I know." His arms were still crossed and he looked at me showing no expression in him besides a quick clench in his jaw.

Was he mad?? How could he be mad receiving a compliment??

Lea finally made her way through the boys, "Let me see," she stretched up to look at the stitches above my temple. Jake took his arm off my shoulder to step aside and talk to the guys. "Do they hurt?? You missed like a whole week of school," she said with a frown.

I laughed nervously. "No, I'm fine, just a raging headache." I could see Eli watching us, hardly paying attention to whatever Kameron and Jake were saying to him. Levi was looking at his phone, not paying attention to anyone.

"Well the stitches look great," she smiled at me. "And you'll be happy to know," she said cheerily. "You were right, Kaitlyn hasn't been there all week either."

Good. If I was going to be in pain for a week, she was, too. I'm also glad Lea didn't have to deal with her alone. Of course, she would have had Jake and Eli now to defend her, but not if Kaitlyn caught her in the bathroom or locker room or anywhere else a sneaky witch would go.

"That's what I like to hear," I smiled. "Come on, are any of you guys hungry?" I interrupted Kameron and Jake's deep philosophical conversation.

"No dude, Megan Fox is would totally beat her in a fight, and she'd look hot doing it," Kam said.

"Seriously? No man, have you seen Sofia Vergara?? She's wayyyy hotter, plus she's latino!" Jake mused thinking about this beautiful woman.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Levi looked over, perking up at the sound of his spanish roots.