1

Ugh. It was the same routine at every school, the "we are so glad to have you, miss Raina Everett" and "please let us know if you need any help finding your classes" was old by now. How could it not be when this was my fifth school in two years? I politely declined any help and headed down the hall following the flow of the rest of the teen traffic.

I made my way down the hall glancing at the classroom doors looking for room 301. I came to a halt when I turned the corner and almost walked straight into someone's back. A boy's back none the less. I glanced around and noticed he wasn't the only one preventing me from walking any further. There was a line of backs in front of me forming a wall between me and something else.

It must have been the commons area for the high school students- it was a large open area with circular tables set out sporadically and glass walls surrounding it on all four sides giving it the feel of a fish bowl. I peeked over the shoulder of the boy in front of me to see what everyone was looking at. I guess I could've just listened more closely and I would've gotten the hint. The hint that there was a brawl in the middle of the commons area.

I had mistaken the sound of screaming and yelling for kids loudly laughing and chattering. There was no laughing now, and you couldn't call the screaming chattering by any means. As I peered over the boy's shoulder, I watched two boys, both very tall and very muscular slam into each other. One with brown hair and olive skin throwing the other to the ground. The other, the boy now on bottom, had curly sandy brown hair and ivory skin.

"C'mon Hunter, get up!" A girl's voice shrieked to the boy on bottom.

"Jake, Jake, Jake!" Everyone chanted as the boy with dark hair- Jake- leaned over the other boy- Hunter- to pull him up by his shirt and drive his fist into his face.

Just then a boy in front of me moved to block my vision. I began to push through the wall of people to get a better view. I emerged in front of the wall and stared. It was a larger circle than I had realized. Everyone standing clear of the two boys except a tall dark haired boy who stood only feet away looking down at the brawl with his arms crossed and a stoic expression lacing his face.

i turned back to the two boys just as the Hunter, now covered in blood, (How many hits had Jake gotten in?) took a lousy swing at Jake. He clipped the boy's jaw that was hovering over him, but not hard enough to even make it move. If he had hoped this would help his situation, Hunter was severely disappointed. Jake's eyes lit up with fury as he pulled his arm back loading for another round of punches to Hunter's face.

Someone has to stop him! This isn't even a fight!

I didn't know who any of these boys were, and i definitely didn't disagree to a good beating, if it was deserved, but it should at least be a fair fight! This was ridiculous! Hunter didn't stand a chance!

I hadn't told my body to move, not that I recall at least. I had only told myself that someone had to stop him. Apparently my legs had decided on their own that that someone was me. Before I could stop myself I was running over to the two boys and grabbing Jake's loaded arm, "Stop!!" Jake turned eyes blazing, head fuming, and without realizing who had grabbed him, he pivoted, redirected his loaded arm on me, and SWUNG!

I closed my eyes and braced myself for the impact, throwing my arms up to cover my face.

It never came.

The whole room went pen drop silent and deathly still. I slowly opened my eyes to see the boy who had been standing to the side watching the fight with a bored expression, standing directly in front of me with his back to me. He had Jake's balled fist in his own hand catching it not even six inches from my face.

"Enough," the boy in front of me growled.

"Elias," Jake whispered as he looked at him with wide eyes filled with fear and worry. Why would Jake be scared? He was the one who had just beaten the living daylights out of another kid.

"Everyone get to class," the boy said in a low unarguable tone, and everyone began to disperse without hesitation. Elias threw Jake's fist back into him and turned to me.

I looked up at him, he was tall and draped in thick muscle. His brown eyes, olive skin and dark hair were a jaw dropping combination. His hair was longer and curly on the top, but clean cut on the sides. He was gorgeous to say the very least. And he was looking at me with his sharp jaw set and a deadly glare in his eyes.

"How dumb do you have to be to jump in the middle of a fight?"

It took me a moment to realize he was talking to me, "excuse me?" who does he think he is? I get that he just saved my face from a beating of my own, but did he really think he got to call me dumb?

"Are you deaf as well?" he looked down at me narrowing his eyes.

"How arrogant do you have to be to not realize this wasn't even a fight anymore?" I was fuming, it took everything in me to keep my voice calm. There were still other students who hadn't finished getting there stuff before Elias ordered them to leave.

"Oh," his eyes rolled over me from head to toe with an amusement in them. I was wearing a short red skirt, a white tank top, and high top converse- being tall for a girl I never got into the heels phase. "And you think you know what a fight is princess?"

His eyes finally rolled back up to meet mine and I held his gaze with a deathly glare of my own. "I know a lot more than you little boys do if you think throwing each other around in a circle at school is a fight," I hissed.

I had caught his jaw clench at the words 'little boys', but I also caught a glimpse of a small circle forming around us again in my peripheral vision and I knew I needed to leave before I got anymore attention today. I pivoted on my heel to turn and walk away before he could say another word. "Call me if you ever want someone to teach you what a real fight is," I called over my shoulder in a taunting voice.

I glanced back through the glass windows for a mere second to see Elias still staring after me while Hunter was crawling to his feet. He wasn't the only one staring after me though. I saw the circle of half as many kids that were there for the fight had seen mine and Elias's confrontation. They all stared after me in shock, horror, or awe. Apparently no one else had ever told that jerk off. Pity. He deserved more of it.