6

"What do you mean your shop???"

Now he did laugh, and boy oh boy, was it the sweetest sound I'd ever heard? Maybe. Would anyone ever know that? Absolutely not.

Let me remind myself why no one would ever know this; he's arrogant, he's rude, he's too perceptive he would ruin my life of running and hiding, he HAS A CHOP SHOP, and did I mention that he was rude?? Right. Remember this Raina.

"I mean exactly that, this is my shop. Now can we get you cleaned up before we play 20 questions? You're getting blood on my seats," he nodded his head to the seat where I did indeed have a small pool of blood forming. Oops. We should send a bill to Kaitlyn.

"Okay," was all I could say. I didn't have enough energy to work up an argument. Besides, he was right. I didn't want my mom to hear about any of this and I'm not sure I would've been able to hide it if I tried to clean myself up at my house.

My passenger door opened and I looked up to see Kameron smiling down at me.

"That's a nasty cut you got there, baby." His big smile was endearing. I heard a scuff from behind me where Eli was sitting.

"So I've heard," I swung my legs out and stood. "Who told you, you were allowed to call me baby?"

"I told myself, baby. What? You don't like it?" the smile on his face said he had never even heard of a girl who didn't like it. I laughed a little then the room started to spin. Maybe I was spinning, I couldn't tell, but before I knew it I was having deja vu from earlier- everything was going black.

GOSH DANG IT. I must have fainted. Could this day get any worse?? How weak could I be right now? How hard had I hit my head?? Well at least something did change this time when i opened my eyes to someone holding me; I looked up to beautiful blue eyes instead of brown.

"What the-"

"She must have fainted, I didn't see her eat any of her food. Get her into the office," I heard Eli's deep voice a few feet away.

Kameron hoisted me up into his arms looking very pleased that my lightheaded-ness had given him the opportunity to be heroic. I could feel the muscle on him. He wasn't as big as Eli, but he definitely had a six pack. He carried me with ease.

"If you wanted me hold you, you could've just asked." He winked at me as he walked. Ugh. He was cute.

"I'll remember that the next time," I sounded tired even to my own ears. We walked into a dusty old office with a desk and papers strewn everywhere. "That way I'll be able to save myself the trouble of driving my car off a bridge to get you to talk to me," my sarcasm was thick.

"Right," he smiled anyways and poked my nose as he set me down on the desk. Eli walked up behind him and watched with his stoic look on his face.

"Go see if we have any food, she needs to eat," he said to Kameron. Kameron didn't seem to notice or care for the disdain written on Eli's face, he just nodded and walked from the room. What a happy guy, you know I could really get used to his positive vibe.

I watched as Eli crossed the room to grab a box and throw it onto the desk. It was dusty and old, but definitely recognizable as a First Aid kit. He opened it and began to pick through the contents.

"Do you really know how to sew me up?"

"No, I brought you here so I could embarrass myself."

I let out a light laugh, he was funny. He was sarcastic and rude, but I liked his sense of humor. "Oh I can't wait for that," I smiled as he moved in front of me with two small wipes, one wet, one dry.