28

Elias POV (:

"Get in the car," I growled to Lea as she stared like a deer in head lights at the front door of Raina's home.

"I drove myself," she said hesitantly, afraid of my reaction. She should be. She doesn't even actually have her license yet and she thinks she can just do whatever the flip she wants. No. She can't. I shot her a deadly glare, feeling my fists involuntarily clench at my sides.

"What!?" I tried not to yell, but it ended up just being more of a grunt. She had to have been trying to push my buttons.

"What are you even doing here!? Is there something going on with you and that Jonny kid?" That guy was irritating the crap out of me. First he won't let me near Raina then he thinks he can weezle his way into my sister's life? What kind of crack head was he.

"I could ask you the same thing," She snapped back. "And kid? Really? He's older than you."

"Does it look like I care if he's older than me!?"

My little sister's eyes narrowed at me, I knew her well enough to know she was trying to decide if she wanted this to blow up into a fight or be civil.

"Let's wait till we get home before we start ripping at each other's throats shall we?" she glared at me and walked to small car we rarely drove. It belonged to my mother. Why Lea felt the need to drive it right now was beyond me. I rolled my eyes.

"Follow me," I yelled. "If you're more than 20 feet behind me I will pull over and make you walk beside my car the rest of the way home." I was yelling as she hopped into the car. I probably looked stupid which only made me more heated. I stomped to my car and climbed in.

Why did every girl on the planet feel the need to be so stupid this week? What? Was it national act like an idiot week? Honestly though, Raina running while she knew the situation was ridiculous.

She drove me crazy. Insane really. I could not understand how a woman could look like her, be as zealous and full of life, yet so dumb. How did she not know that I wanted to protect her? That I needed to protect her.

I had only known her a week and I had already been gotten her in the middle of my mess with Dillon and the guys. I don't even know why I had gone to her house that night in the first place. What was she to me?

But I did know.

I wanted to see her again. It was killing me that I hadn't seen her all week. That she wasn't coming to her classes. I had only known her a short while but somehow I felt drawn to her. She had a sort of gravity that pulled you in. I wanted to get to know her, but I would never admit any of that to anyone.

I hated it.

I hated that I felt this way.

How is it that you can feel that way about someone? It was bull. I probably was just feeling guilty or some crap. I was tired of all the emotions. I wanted to beat someone's face in or race someone or punch just about anything. I had talked to many girls, or they talked to me really, but i'd never cared about a single one of them. Now not only do I care about one, but I have to find a way to keep her safe and not care about her or her brother will try to fight me.

Honestly, part of me wanted to fight him just for the fun of it. He was one of the few guys who could hang in on a fight with me. It was a rush.