42

Eli's pov

Always being interrupted is really getting old.

I watched Raina's brother pull into the parking lot as if his back end were on fire.

Does he realized how stupid he looks?

Rai has pretty much jumped 10 feet in the air to get away from me when we saw him coming. So that's great.

I stood my ground, obviously not scared, as his truck came my way.

Doesn't this guy have work or something? He's 20 and always seems to be around. What a loser. Get a job.

He whipped his old beat up truck into the parking spot next to mine.

I felt a pair of gentle hand on my chest as I stared at the truck. I hadn't even seen her step in front of me or heard her calling my name.

"Eli, maybe- maybe you should go?" I could hear the worry in her voice that seemed to always pull at me, make me want to do things I've never done before, comfort her in a way i've never even thought about comforting someone.

It was slightly annoying that she had that affect on me.

I tore my eyes away from the truck to look down at her. My hands subconsciously wrapped around hers on my chest. I wanted them to stay there.

Everything in me wanted to tell her no, wanted to fight her brother for even thinking about getting between us, but I looked down as I looked down at her soft worried features, all I wanted was to do what she was asking me to do.

This irritating. Whatever this was- this thing that happened to me when she looked at me- making me feel weak, making me feel like she could get me to do anything. Whatever she wanted, I'd get that to her. Wherever she was I'd find her. If she were on the other side of the world, I'd spin that thing right back around just to get to her.

At least that's how it felt.

And now, what was she asking me? To do the opposite. To leave her alone. This is bull.

She was about to let me kiss her too. That was the worst part. I was so close. So close to having those lips on mine, making those beautiful blue eyes close as I kissed her like she'd never been kissed.

The sound of a truck door slamming pulled me back to reality.

"El please," she begged, her eyes went wide with urgency.

I let out an aggravated sigh as I stepped back and let both of our hands fall away.

I didn't say a word, just turned on my heel and headed for my car. I wish so badly I could knock somebody's head in right about now.

"Hey!" Ah, lucky me. Jonny called me. "Where do you think you're going?" I could hear him getting closer. I smiled at the anticipation of a fight building in my chest.

I turned around as I heard his footsteps behind me, not hiding the smile on my mouth.

"We were just headed back to class," I mocked him as i emphasized the word 'we'.