33

Eli's POV ((:

"Why'd you do that!?" Jake's voice cut through the thrum in my ears.

"Do what?" i snapped.

He stared at me. "Why do you have to be such a tool? You treat everyone like crap. You know she didn't deserve that."

I knew he was right. I knew she didn't, but she should know better than try to embarrass me. She should know better than try to hurt me. She did by the way. That hurt like hell.

For her to act like there was nothing between us? Really? There's no way she could deny the chemistry. I can feel it. I can feel it in the way she moves. I can feel her body relax when I am near, I can feel her melt when I touch her. I knew she felt the same burning fire I felt when I kissed her.

And for her to deny that? Who did she think was?

She could ruin me.

I knew she could because all those same things happened to me, if not more so.

Man she drove me crazy.

The good kind. The kind that makes you reconsider your hatred for the world, makes you contemplate what you're doing for the rest of your life.

I hated it. I hated that she had this hold on me.

I have never been publicly affectionate or nice to a girl until today. Look where that got me. I hated feeling weak.

"She should know better than to think I actually care about what ever she thought was going on." I leaned back against the bar crossing my arms to emphasize the fact that I didn't care.

"Bull." He called me out on my lie. "We all know you care- YOU know you care. Stop acting like a dipsh-"

I moved so fast he didn't have time to react when I balled his shirt in my fist. "Don't think you get to talk to me that way." I warned him in my tone that had daggers in itself.

Just then I felt another pair of hands on my shoulder and a familiar voice. Good thing he spoke or I would've come whirling at him too.

"Eli," Levi cut in. "Not in here," I turned to him with a glare. "Take it outside at least," he backed tracked- knowing better than to tell me not to cause a scene.

I threw Jake one last glare before shoving him back, "Get out of my face."

I stormed out of the diner knowing very well we had all just caused a scene.

Fine, I had caused most of it.

BUT Raina and Jonny started all of it.

Whatever.

I walked out to the night and headed for my car. I didn't bring any drinks since I was driving, but now I wish I would've. Maybe Levi would have some.

I headed for his truck.

I wasn't thinking or paying attention, so when I opened the door to see Raina in the passenger seat I cursed under my breath.