67

As my eyes fluttered open, the pounding in my head quickly began. I lifted a hand to my head and rubbed my temple. I had woken in a bed that wasn't mine, staring at an unfamiliar ceiling with a sweet scent of masculinity surrounding me. I knew that scent I thought.

"Finally," a sigh of relief caused me to look to the side. Sitting beside the bed was my own personal male model. I'd take waking up with a throbbing head any day if it meant I woke up to that.

"Hey," I croaked. He quickly grabbed the water on the nightstand and held it out to me. I sipped while he stared at me with big concerned brown eyes. I smiled gratefully when I handed it back to him.

He set it back down on the table only to continue to stare at me.

I waited a second for him to say something, but he just stared. His eyes were full on concern and worry while his body seemed tense.

"Uhm," I shied away from his eyes. "So what's up?" I asked uncomfortable with how he was looking at me as if I were some rare species he had never seen before.

"What's up?? WHATS UP!?" His voice was incredulous as it rose slightly. I sat up and looked at him as he stood to his feet and paced beside the bed. "Rai I thought you died!! Don't 'what's up' me! Are you kidding me!? I want to kill you just for putting me through that." He looked at me and mocked me, "what's up?" rolling his eyes.

I felt a smile creep unto my lips despite the pounding in my head. He cared. He cared so much.

I was tired and worn, and felt so utterly cared for. He had quickly become my person. He had quickly become the person who made me feel so special, so important in this forsaken world. He made me feel as if something were to happen to me, the world- his world, would come crumbling down. There was no reason to go on without me, and I knew that was the craziest thing. I knew that wasn't true, but it was how he made me feel. I couldn't help the flutter in my chest or the smile on my mouth from that feeling.

"Sorry," I couldn't keep the humor from my voice at his tantrum. "I didn't mean to.."

His eyes grew wider at the smile on my face.

"I'm going to kill you! For making me think you died!" He said, yet there was no truth behind the words.

I laughed lightly before throwing a hand to my head again. His yelling, although sweet, was not helping the throbbing in my head.

He seemed to notice right away and quickly moved to me. Sitting on the bed next to me he cupped my face in both hands. He pushed the hair from my face and inspected my face carefully.

"I'm only kidding," he said softly as I closed my eyes letting him take the weight of my heavy head. "I'm not going to kill you," I smiled at his sweet, raspy voice clarifying that he didn't actually want to murder me. "No matter how bad I wanted to." He laid the softest kiss on my forehead and my heart melted.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to him genuinely.

He sighed. "Don't." I opened my eyes to look at him. He was looking back at mine with broken ones. "Don't be sorry. You should never have been there. You should never have had to go through that, it's my fault."

I sighed. It wasn't his fault. I got into the car even when he told me not to come, and I got out of the car and ran when i should've locked the doors. I was stupid enough to have let all this happened when he tried to warn me over and over. But right now, I had no energy to fight him on this. I stayed quiet as I closed my eyes and leaned into his hands cupping my face again.

"What happened? Where's Jonny?" I asked, worried about the answer I would receive.

I heard him sigh which caused my worry to multiply.