54

All I could think about was my mother's voice when I heard the, 'I told you so'. -Rai

Eli's POV

The lips pressing to mine were hard and forced, not the way Rai usually kissed me.. you won't hear me complain tho-

Wait. Something was wrong with the hands around my neck and the smaller body up against me.

I actually didn't know who they belonged to or who was on me, but I quickly realized it wasn't Raina as I had expected.

I stumbled back pushing the small framed girl off of me.

"What the-" the anger in me raised my voice.

"Eli! I missed you so muchhhh!!" Zoe's screech was loud and annoying. "You didn't call me after the party, and I barely saw you yesterday. Then, I heard about your brother wanting to race and I was so worried because I knew you would race, you always race and-"

"Zoe shut up! This-" I pointed between the two of us. "Is NOT a thing! Knock it off!

I watched her brown eyes shatter as her lips parted in disgust. She took a step back as if I'd pushed her again. "You're seriously going to act like that even after this weekend?"

I flinched back at her words knowing exactly what she meant.

What had I done?

"That didn't mean anything," My voice had drifted. It was less harsh and sounded far away. "It was a mistake, you know that."

I could see it on her face, she did know, but I didn't have time for this. My eyes darted to Raina on the sidewalk.

I watched as her dark- almost black- hair walk away.

I cursed under my breath as I ran after her.

This was bad. So bad.

I didn't catch up to her until we were in the fishbowl.

"Rai!" I called her. To my surprise, she turned around. Honestly I didn't expect her to turn around.. so what now? What am I supposed to say? Sorry? I'm going to sound like an idiot! I know this looks bad, but really it's not like that. I just don't know what to say.

She walked to me and held out her hand. What did she want? No way she'd want a hug? Right?

"Thank you," she said politely with no emotion behind it. What? This must be an alternate universe for there to be a Raina Everett with no emotion. "For getting my bag," she explained when I hesitated. She looked up at me with her blue eyes. I saw no anger like I expected, but rather a shield. There was a wall that I hadn't seen since I first met her.

My shocked idiot-self shoved the bag in her direction with no words at all. She took it and walked away, leaving me staring after her.

What just happened. There was no yelling? No screaming? No demanding an explanation!? The bell rang and I knew I was late for Statistics. Ugh. I hate this place.

I walked to class ignoring the stares. People had started rumors by now, I heard them every once in a while. Rumors about me getting soft because I let Rai call me out in front of everyone, or at the fact that I carry her bags and do everything for her. But they didn't bother me, I didn't care what anyone thought of me.

I sat through all of class with out giving any cares in the world for what we were learning. Honestly, statistics was the easiest class in the world, it was common sense.

All I could do was think about Rai.

What kind of girl watches the boy she's dating kiss another girl and not freak out..