5

"Hello boys," Kaitlyn acknowledged the boy's, smiling at them before her eyes flickered in my direction. Eli was still looking at me. I saw a look of understanding cross his face as he realized what, or who, had caused the abrupt change in my mood.

"What are you doing here?" She sounded as venomous as a snake when she spoke to me.

"She's with us," Jake said firmly. Kaitlyn was in Jake's grade. Apparently, her mother had sent her to high school a year early which is how she must've received her big headedness. I am surprised every time I see that she has made it through another doorway actually, with all the dead blonde locks and that ego. Ugh. That must have been why she thought she was better than Lea, too.

Kaitlyn's eyes didn't move from me when they narrowed. "Eli, you didn't tell me you guys started a charity group," she softened her tone, but her eyes were still hard.

"You didn't tell me you had lice," he crossed his arms over his chest before looking up at her with a slight smirk on his mouth.

Now her eyes did move, she turned to Eli and gasped. "I DON'T HAVE LICE!!"

The boys started to chuckle. Lea looked down as she smiled, not wanting to give Kaitlyn another reason to torture her. Suddenly I remembered earlier that morning Jake telling me about some of the horrendous things Kaitlyn had done to Lea. He said she told the whole football team that Lea had irritable bowel system her freshman year to make sure she didn't get asked to the homecoming dance. Then, last summer she told all of her friends that Lea had been inducted into a looney bin for most of the summer ever since her parents had passed. HOW MESSED UP IN THE HEAD WAS THIS GIRL?? I had thought of so many ways to get back at her as the day went on. Vengeance. Justice for Lea.

As I sat here now, with my new friends (not sure if we considered each other friends, but I liked them) I realized all I wanted was to punch this girl in the face. No pranks, nothing easy, just a good old fashion bloody nose.

I was taken out of my thought of fighting her when I realized Eli was talking to me. "-Raina, did you hear me?" he growled knowing I didn't. "What happened, this morning with Kaitlyn." He still had his arms across his chest as if he were the mediator for preschool war.

"She almost got my head shaved!! That's what happened," Eli lifted a hand to tell her to stop talking for just one second. She crossed her arms over her and pouted as she waited. Eli ignored her pout looking at me expectantly with his big brown eyes.

I automatically glanced at Lea, and regretted it in no time. Her eyes widened and she gave me a slight shake of her head. My theory of Eli being in the dark was right- Eli had no idea that Lea was being bullied. She knew Eli would kill someone for her, and she didn't want to give him a reason to.

I looked back to Eli and watched as he processed what had just happened. It was too late now, he knew. And even if he didn't know, he would figure it out. He looked from me to Lea, his eyes hardening, but before anyone could say anything Jake spoke up. He was always willing to take the heat.

"I told her to."

"What?" Kaitlyn said, she was completely oblivious to everything. She couldn't see that these people were a family, and Jake wouldn't let her embarrass Lea. He would never let all the nasty things she did come out in front of everyone.

"I told her to tell everyone you had lice. I thought it would be funny. I heard you bleached your hair again, and I told her you did it because you had lice." He looked at everyone's faces. Lea looked horrified. Kameron and Levi looked like they were both holding back a laugh. Eli was looking as rigid as a stone.