83

"So where is Lea?" I asked Jake as we wondered the halls waiting for Eli. Call me needy, but I didn't like being away from him, even just for five minutes. Obsessed? My subconscious questioned, and I didn't even try to push her away, I merely agreed.

What else is a teenage girl supposed to think about when she is in love..? That's what i thought.

"I don't know I just know she's being dramatic. She said she had to go home to change because she didn't look good enough, and I think Levi and D are picking her up," Jake mumbled as people watched in the corner. I could keep my eyes from the girl in stilettos and a tight black skirt as she strutted around looking for her boyfriend I heard her say. Her leopard print shirt should have been buttoned up two more buttons, but she didn't seem to mind the breeze.

I laughed at Jake's wide eyes when he finally noticed her. I knew it wasn't the jewelry or big hair that caused him to do a double take.

I had seen this woman before, she was a very sweet lady actually. She had even helped me with a dress malfunction when I saw her at a prefight dinner that I wasn't actually supposed to be at. I smiled at the memory of Jonny yelling at JP for bringing me when he claimed I was 'way too young' for that lifestyle.

I slapped Jake's arms when he stared bug-eyed and jaw dropping at the woman.

"Could you not stare?" I scolded him.

"S-sorry," he stammered as he ripped his eyes away.

I rolled mine as I laughed at him.

"Oh look who it is," I heard a familiar female voice and instantly spun around.

"Finally," I exhaled when I saw my best friend. I didn't hesitate to pull D into a hug. I smiled at Levi over her shoulder who gave me a small nod. I pulled back to hug Lea who was standing quietly behind them.

"What took you so long?" I teased D as Jake greeted everybody.

"Beauty takes time my friend," D laughed and I looked over her classy outfit. She was in silver heels and a short maroon dress. It was satin and classy, but not too much. She had her blond hair curled in loose curls and minimal makeup. I caught Levi gawking and I smiled. He was in jeans and a clack button up. They looked good together.

"Whatever, you always look good," I laughed at her.

"Says you!" She stepped back and gave my my outfit an up down before nodding as she agreed with her own words. I had changed into a light pink, short corduroy skirt, a black sweater, and tall black boots. I instantly thought about what Eli would say about my outfit when I put it on. I hoped he would like it, he didn't say anything when he picked it up. I felt good in it though, I never dressed like this before, but lately I had been feeling more and more like a woman rather than a little girl.

It was a strange feeling, but I was determined to embrace it.

I rolled my eyes but felt my cheeks flush. "And you Lea," I smiled at the dark haired girl in her tight white shirt tucked into her black palazzo pants in her platform heels. "You look beautiful," I smiled. She did. She looked mature and older than normal. She blushed and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Ugh. I forgot," Jake groaned. "All girls do when they see each other is compliment each other until they've run out of words to say," he shook his head and we all laughed.

"Hey, we have to build each other up over here," I smiled.

"I'm just taking the moment to appreciate Rai standing alone," D smirked as she teased me again. "Where is your bodyguard anyways?" she looked around for Eli.