CHAPTER 30: Just In Case......

BENSON

I know that we had to do everything this way and I know too that Mystique had agreed to be the 'bait' but still, I didn't like it nor trusted Mordecai to not find out. He isn't stupid.

We all sat in the big SUV several cars behind Mordecai's and across the street as we listened in to what they were talking about.

"I-is everything okay?" We hear her ask Mordecai. 

Oh shit, what's wrong?! I don't like the sound of it.

"You've been a very bad girl. Such a shame." He says and then I hear a muffled small scream come out from her as though somebody's covering her mouth before everything went suddenly silent.

The next sound we hear are the sounds of cloth ripping and then a loud piercing noise as though Mordecai ripped off the mic.

"We need to go get her!" I begin to panic and try to leave but am right away yanked back by the agent in charge.

"Not yet! We can't make a scene and risk innocent lives. We'll follow them and I'll call for back up to meet us there but we can NOT engage yet, alright? Now of you plan to be on this with us, you have to obey our rules." He warns me.

"But what if he..." I started.

"Don't worry, she'll be okay. We never would have agreed in her doing this if we thought she wasn't capable of doing it." He says.

Although I don't agree with him entirely, I guess I have no option but to just trust them.  So I finally agree by nodding my head.

"Fine." I reply.

We then begin following then and he gets on the phone and calls up I'm assuming more agents as he tells them the location for every street we're going on, until we finally get to a place we had not seen coming in him taking her to.

When the agent hung up the phone, he was surprised as to why we weren't at Mordecai's house but I recognized this place. I knew what lies within the walls.

"Oh my god." I say under my breath.

"What is it?" The agent asks me.

"How long til your guys get here?" I ask as I watch one of Mordecai's men throw her over their shoulder with both her wrists tied together with rope and still passed out.

"Why?" The agent asks me.

"Cuz' this is where Mordecai brings his victims to torture them before they die." I tell him. "And if that's the case with her, then we don't have any time."

"Well, back up will be here in no later than several minutes." He assures me, or I should say at least tries to but I don't believe him.

"I..." I started to say but was stopped by the ringing of my cell phone. I looked at who it was and the caller ID said it was Mordecai.

"Answer it." The agent tells me aa he see's who it is.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"I never thought you would ever put somebody else at risk the way you did with her. Sending her in with a wire? Really?" Mordecai starts off.

"Mordecai, please, she hasn't done anything and just wants her best friend back, you can't blame her for trying to get help." I try and convince him.

"Don't feed that bullshit! Especially when I see YOU parked several feet away from my warehouse right now and have your buddies with you." He says.

I feel a little worried even more knowing that he knows I'm with the FBI. I knew  this wasn't going to work.

"What are you talking about?" I still try and play it off.

"Don't play dumb. We are both above that." He tells me. "Here's what I want you to do if you expect to see your girl here, ever again." He began.

"What?!" I asked.

"You and your friends are gonna get out of that car and come walking slowly towards the building. If either one of you tries to pull anything or tries to be a hero, I will shoot her and her best friend." He suggests.

The volume on my phone is so loud and since the agent is sitting right next to me, he can hear him tell me all of that. Then nods for me to agree.

"Okay. We'll be getting out." I tell him and then hang up the phone and glare at the agent. "You happy now?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"Don't worry. We plan for every possible outcome." He tells me.

On one hand I do feel like I can trust him while the other part of me feels like he's just acting cocky and it's going to be up to me to save the day.

I tried to quickly text Kent to let him know what's up, but the agent tosses my phone in the trunk and we start all getting out and begin walking slowly towards the front of the building where Mordecai's men are standing looking at us with their guns drawn and pointed at us.

I hope the agent knows what he's doing. Though just in case not, I need to start thinking of a plan B.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)