CHAPTER 16: Done! Finished!

BENSON

I arrive at the house and slam the front door behind me as I stomp inside and see both Max and Kent as well as Nora sitting down on the couch.

"What the fuck are you thinking?!" I yell at Kent.

"Oh calm the hell down!" Nora rolls her eyes.

"You shut the fuck up!" I snap at her.

"It's no big deal! You've done this and look at you now, you own your own business. Plus, I'm not going to get caught." Kent tells me.

"Are you shitting me?!" I snap at him. "Who the hell do you think put me into prison?" I snap at him.

"You! You were stupid enough to get caught!" Kent says as he stomps up towards me and I snap and start punching him.

"You fucking spoiled and ungrateful little shit!" I yell while standing over him.

"Fuck you! I'm not stupid to repeat your mistakes!" He snaps at me.

"Now you listen to me. As long as you're living in THIS house you won't EVER do business with Mordecai and his men, INCLUDING his nephew!" I warn him.

"Who the hell are you coming back after so long?! You didn't pay for this house!" Kent snaps back at me as he stands up and wipes the blood off from his mouth.

"This house is in my name because YES I did fucking buy it so that you and mom never had to worry about losing it! Then the night I was arrested was because Mordecai left me to take the blame!" I snapped at him.

"Whatever!" Kent says. "Just stay the fuck out of my business!" He tells me.

"No! I don't want you to fuck up your life the way that I did!"

"I know what I'm doing!" He says and then walks over and grabs Nora's hand and harshly yanks her off of the couch and storms out.

When I try to go after him to let him know that we aren't done yet, Max stops me.

"Let me go!" I snap at Max.

"Let him go man." Man says.

I try and calm myself down and then take out my phone and call Mordecai to have him meet me at the job site.

Max comes with me and when we get there, he pulls up at the same time.

We get out and walk up to each other.

"So what do you want?" He smirks.

"I want you to no longer do business with Kent. It ends now and your men, including your nephew are never to go near him again." I tell him.

"That's why you wanted me to come here?" He asks.

"Yes. If you let him go tomorrow, I will do that big job you wanted me to do for you at the end of next month." I tell him.

His smirk immediately becomes a big grin.

"Hmmm.....Okay. Deal. He's out." He tells me and then holds out his hand.

I hold out mine and shake his.

"Good. And if I find out that you go behind my back and keep him around, I swear that I will kill you." I threaten him as I start squeezing his hand tightly.

"Don't worry." He smirks again.

"No matter how much he begs you." I tell him.

"Deal." He repeats.

After he leaves, I turn and look at Max.

"I hope you know what you're doing." He tells me.

"I don't but, I need to help get Kent away from ending up like me or worse and I knew that was the only way. Besides, this will give me time to think of something." I assure him.

He then smiles and nods.

"Okay then, well, what are you gonna tell Mystique?" He asks.

"I'm trying to figure it out." I tell him.

"Well, can you at least tell me how the date went?" He asks as we begin walking back to the car to head back home.

Mystique really means a lot to me and even though I haven't yet figured out what or how to tell her, I'm sure she'll understand.....right?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)