CHAPTER 15: Whatever It Is.....I'm Here

MYSTIQUE

I wasn't nervous before about running into anybody but I have to admit that after he told me that where we were going, I wouldn't need to worry about running into people I didn't like, I felt relieved. 

After we parked, we began walking hand-in-hand together down the street a little bit before we stopped in a movie theater that looked to be set up all retro like.

Between the colors and decor, you felt like you were going to a retro type theater.

When the movie was over, we headed off to dinner and while sitting there eating and talking. Come to find out, him and I have a lot more in common than I had expected.

"So can I ask you something?" He started.

"Sure." I replied.

"Why haven't you stood up for yourself to my brother and Nora?"

I look at him worried in what he might think after I explain to him but at the same time, I should tell him.

"Well, my parents never noticed me. Nora, she has always hated me for some reason I'm not sure as to why and as far as your brother goes, I don't know. I guess I' still in shock at how he treats me after we used to be friends." I shrugged. "It's no big deal though because there's only a couple more months now until I graduate and can finally leave all of this and them behind me."

"Wow." He replies.

I was getting mixed emotions from him before I broke the silence.

"So, how about you? Why couldn't you leave any sooner from Mordecai's group?" I asked him.

"Well, it started off as a job to make enough money to help support Kent and my mom at the time. You see, after our father dies, mom made sure I took care of the house and most importantly, Kent. Although it doesn't excuse the path I chose, I highly don't recommend it. Then..." He stops himself for a brief moment.

"Then what?" I ask him.

"I have tried to protect Kent from ever becoming like me. Then now, turns out that none of it matterred. Because he still found a way to work for my old boss and to live that kind of lifestyle and to be honest, I feel I have failed both my mom and him." He says.

I can trll by the look on his face that he wasn't sure in rather or not he should have told me all of that. Which he does seem like a private person in that he doesn't like to talk about his personal life such as Kent and their mom.

It's crazy how him and Kent are even related when they both seem to be the complete opposite from each other.

Either way though, looks like I got lucky with being with the right brother.

Once dinner was finished, we began heading back towards the truck and we heard his cell phone go off from somebody sending him a text message.

While reading whatever it was, he looked like he was getting upset. Then he places the phone down and started taking off.

"Is it okay if I drop you off?" He asks me while white knuckling the steering wheel.

"Yeah. Is everything okay?" I ask.

"It's fine. I just need to meet up with my friend Max. It's about the job site." He replies.

"Oh." I reply.

We don't talk the rest of the time and I start to think that maybe it was something else that he wasn't telling me. Not another girl or anything but something else. However, I didn't push for an answer. It was none of my business.

After he pulls up in front of my house, I unbuckle and right before I am able to open the door, he's already opening it up for me.

"You don't have to walk me to the door." I smile in assurance at him.

"Don't be silly. You're gonna have to get used to this kind of treatment." He smiles and winks at me.

I take his hand and we start walking up to the door. Then after I unlock it I turn around to look at him.

"I had a great time tonight just the others." I tell him.

"Me too. There's going to be plenty of nights like this." He smiles.

I begin to blush and look down at the ground. Then I feel him lift my chin up to look at him.

"I love that I'm the one that makes you blush." He says.

I smile back at him as he leans in slowly and gently places his lips onto mine. Then after saying goodnight and he starts to leave, I shout out to him.

"Wait!" I call out to him. "I don't know what is going on but be careful and I'm here if you ever want to talk." I tell him and he smiles at me but it fades to half a smile as he next gives me a look of sadness.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)