CHAPTER 22: I Won't Blow It

BENSON

I didn't want to tell her how much this place meant to me back when I was little and also in high school as well as it's still special to me today. The thing is though, I thought if I took her here to my special place where I have never told anyone about or have shown anyone before, that maybe she'd see how much she means to me.

After arriving a few feet along the edge of the lake water, we sat down and looked out as the moonlight bounces off the calm water with a light gentle breeze but wasn't too cold.

"This place is amazing." She tells me.

"I'm glad you think so. I stumbled upon this place when I was little. It became my little hideout from the world. All my life, including high school I would always come here to think." I began to tell her.

"Does anybody else about this place?" She asks.

"No. Not that I know of at least. You're the first person I've brought here." I tell her while looking down at our hands holding each other's.

"Well, thank you for bringing me here." She smiles at me.

We sat there for an hour, talking and enjoying each other's company even more when my I felt my phone start to vibrate in my pants pocket.

I kept ignoring it and finally put it on silent without seeing who it was and while Mystique wasn't looking.

I enjoyed the next few hours with her and we found out more interesting information about one another. Then we started talking about the night next week that I take her out and after wrapping it up at around eleven at night, I went to drop her off at home and thankfully, my brother was gone and it seemed that either Nora was asleep or she wasn't home, seeing as to how the lights were all off.

I walked her to the door and we said goodnight to each other then as soon as I got into my truck, I remembered about my phone going off several times earlier and saw that it was missed calls from Mordecai although he neither sent or left any messages.

I blew it off and figured that if it was really important he would have left a message or something.

After pulling up in front of the house and heading inside, I noticed Max was sitting on the couch, watching some TV with a half emptied pizza box and several empty beer bottles on the coffee table in front of him.

"Hey." I greet him.

"Hey man." He yawns and then turns off the TV before getting up and throwing his mess away.

"How was your night?" I asked in a more sarcastic way seeing how I already knew it was boring.

"It was alright." He shrugs. "How was your date with Mystique? You guys getting serious yet?" He asks with a smirk and moving his eyebrows up and down.

"Bro, we just started dating, relax." I chuckled. "Anyways, I'm heading off to bed. I'll see you in the morning. Don't stay up too late, tomorrow's gonna be a real busy day at the site." I remind him.

"Yeah, I know. Don't worry, I'll be up." He says.

He then starts walking toward his bedroom also.

I take a quick shower before heading into bed and before I fell asleep, I texted Mystique 'goodnight'.

She is such an amazing person and I still can't believe that I have someone like her. In the beginning, I'm not going to lie, I seriously thought she would never go for me but the fact that she has. I need to make sure that I don't blow it.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)