CHAPTER 4: Intrigued.....

BENSON

Around an hour after Mystique had left, Max and I got done with fixing our bikes and headed inside to cleaned up.

We decided tonight we'd head to the mall to grab a few things that we forgot back at our homes and also to grab a bite to eat. Not to mention how nice it'll be to see just how much has changed since we've been gone.

When we finished taking showers, got ready and headed downstairs, we were about to ask Kent if he wanted to go out with us but it looked like he was already gone. So Max and I got onto our bikes and drove off towards the mall.

After walking around for almost an hour and already grabbing a few stuff, we were about to head to the food court when I stopped in front of one of the shops we walked past after I noticed Mystique inside of it, helping a customer.

It looked to be a plus size clothing store and she was looking so beautiful with her wavy hair cascading down her back and some in the front. She also had nice fitted leggings on it with some design I didn't pay attention to because I was too distracted by how amazing her ass looked in them and....Oh god, what the hell am I saying? She is eighteen, maybe even seventeen. Not to mention tutoring my little brother. I shouldn't be thinking this way about her.

Though I'm not sure in what it is that's drawing me so much to her but I am.

"Hello?!" I hear Max call out to me.

I quickly shake my head and look at him.

"Sorry." I tell him.

"It's cool but what are you looking at?" He asks as he tries looking inside to see what I was but I quickly have him and I begin walking towards the food court.

After we finished eating and before heading home, we headed towards a bar and grabbed a few drinks. Which there were many temptations in there and offers but I'm not into that lifestyle anymore and would rather not have a one night stand. I'm through with all that bullshit.

While laying in bed getting ready to sleep, I for some reason think about that Mystique girl and what she was wearing tonight in the store. She was beautiful. 

**************

When the next day came, I headed over towards the building that we were hired to start on today and Max had already arrived before me after him and the guys grabbed all the stuff we would need for the job and had it all ready.

The man that owned the building, I only met him once, well, if you call that a meeting, we Skyped. He had told me before that he was going to be out of town for a while and will keep in touch however. Which to be honest, is fine with me because I don't like when the owners are around because they can start to micro-manage and that's a big pet-peeve of mine. So this works out perfectly.

The day was long and exhausting but, it wasn't too bad. Then afterwards, before dark, Max decided to go out with the guys for some beers while I decided to head home and bring home some pizza for me and Kent to share so we could possibly also hang out and catch up.

I had actually ordered the pizza to arrive right as soon as I got there to the house. So after taking it, I headed inside the house.

"Hey Kent, I got some pizza for us and thought maybe we could hang out and...." I stopped when I saw him and Mystique were talking.

"Hey." Kent says while standing and smiling at me. "Thanks for the pizza, I'm starving." He says.

"Yeah." I reply while looking at Mystique who looked to be uncomfortable?

"Mmmm....I love this kind." Kent says with his mouth full.

"Don't be rude, ass." I tell him. "Hey Mystique is it? You hungry?" I offer her.

I notice her look at Kent and then quickly at me then down at the ground.

"No thank you. My stepsister is waiting for me at home with some dinner." She says and walks out the door.

I wonder what her story is. She seems distant from people and normally I wouldn't bother but I don't know, I find myself intrigued.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)