CHAPTER 18: Think Of Something Fast

BENSON

Both Mystique and I were catching one another looking at each other every so often. It was cute in a way and I can't lie, it was kind of turning me on also. However, I didn't want her to think I was this guy that wanted just one thing from her when the truth was far from that.

After being at the office for a few hours, I began trying to change the subject. Which I don't know what made me think of bringing up what I did next, I have no idea. It could have been the fact that I remember because of what she said earlier about the projects she was doing were going to be the majority of her grade.

"So have you been thinking about prom and graduation?" I ask.

She's quiet for a moment before she answers.

"I'm not going to prom and as far as after graduation, I was thinking of becoming a therapist for kids and teens." She says.

"That'll be cool. And as far as prom goes, it really isn't as big of a deal as people make it. In fact, I think it all depends on your experience and outlook on school. I mean if you don't like the people you go to school with or don't have many friends, then it'll be a waste of money and time." I begin to ramble on.

"I agree. I would rather do something else and have my own fun. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about going somewhere like the mall and running into the people I don't like." She chuckles to herself.

"True." I laugh as well.

We share another moment of silence until I notice her close my laptop, gets up and walks over towards my desk where she hands it to me.

"Thanks for letting me use this." She tells me.

"Of course. In fact, if you want to, I can come and pick you up after school everyday and we can come back here and you can continue to use it." I suggested.

"That sounds but, I have work." She replies.

"Well, we can do it after work." I tell her.

She smiles at me and then agrees.

"Okay." She says.

We stand up and head out to get something to eat for dinner before I drop her off at her house.

Though before she gets out of the truck, I stop and ask her about something.

"Wait. Since prom is in a couple of weeks, I was thinking maybe we could do something nice that night?" I ask.

"Sounds good to me." She replies.

"Great. Well, goodnight beautiful. I will see you tomorrow." I tell her before giving her a kiss and she gets out and heads into her house.

I head back towards my house and the moment I walk in, I am met by Mordecai and his men along with Max all beaten up.

"What the fuck is going on?!" I snap at Mordecai as I head over towards Max.

"You didn't call." Mordecai says pissed off.

"What do you mean? I told you last night that I wasn't doing the job tonight and that I would do it some other time." I told him.

"I know what you said but we both know that's not how this business works and if you want me to continue keeping your brother out of this, I suggest you do as I say when I say it. And if that fat girlfriend of yours is a distraction...." He states.

"You fucking asshole!" I stomp up to him and punch him hard across the face. "Don't you ever disrespect her again and I swear if you or your men come near her as well, that'll be the last thing." I warn him as I start shaking my fists in anger by my side. His men then try pulling me back.

He looks at me and laughs a little before wiping off the blood from his mouth.

"Let him go." He tells his men. "This is your final warning. Don't forget again who you work for." He says and then snaps his fingers making everyone follow him outside to their car and start to next peel out of the driveway.

I look back at Max and see him standing up while holding his side.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine. But he fucking means business. And your brother is up to something, I don't know what exactly, but Mordecai told me tonight we need to watch our backs." He coughs out.

"I'm so sorry man. I never meant for this to happen and I still haven't found a way to take him down. But I promise I will figure out something." I assure him.

"I know. But for now, I'm gonna lay down." He tells me.

Damnit, I better think of something quick as it looks like there isn't much more time I have left.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)